What Team Will Chris Davis Be Playing for in 2016?

TonySoprano

Who Signs Davis?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Who Signs Davis?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they really want to double down on the brutal, Davis plays for manager Cal Ripken in D.C. I don't think either will be there, however.

My guess is Boston will trade Hanley Ramirez and make a strong push for Davis.

If they pull that off this board may have to shut down.

If they really want to double down on the brutal, Davis plays for manager Cal Ripken in D.C. I don't think either will be there, however.

My guess is Boston will trade Hanley Ramirez and make a strong push for Davis.

I think the Nationals want to fix the bullpen. I think they make a strong push for O'Day. Also Rizzo has ties to Parra and likes him.

Houston makes a ton of sense with his Texas roots and their need at 1B.

Boston could use him too but they need to put Hanley somewhere. They are stuck with that contract.

Texas already has a solid 1B in Moreland and Fielder might go back there too. They are going to want to bolster their OF and pitching.

Washington makes sense too, as does St. Louis.

I think Davis would be a 60 HR threat in Yankee Stadium but for some reason I don't see him going there. They have shied away from big contracts recently, Teix has another year, and NY just seems doesn't seem like Davis' type of environment.

I chose the Astros. I believe it's either there or the Rangers, as I think that Davis wants to go back to his home state.

I know Davis loved coming up with the Rangers and has made comments about missing Texas.

But he also mentioned in 2013 that coming up in his hometown/state brought on a lot of pressure with family and friends and he began pressing.

Could you imagine the pressure he would face if he not only went back after his 2013/2015 seasons, but with a 20-25M AAV contract.

If he fell into his 2014 slump again the boos would rain down pretty hard on the guy.

Astros are interesting though.

Imagine the exploding heads as the announcement is made that, in one meeting with Scott Boras, the Nats have signed Davis, Chen, and Wieters. I could see them doing it just to spite Angelos and show area fans who has the mojo.

I think the Braves have already drafted their contract for Wieters. Just waiting for the appropriate deadlines.

Archived