Pedro Alvarez may be a fit

wildcard

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am probably in the minority but I do not like our rule five guys. Does every team have such guys on there teams?

You don't like Jason Garcia? He's 22 and Dominating the AFL. Throwing 97.

Ryan Flaherty will be Justin Turner someday. After he grows a beard to make him fierce.

Texas and Oakland and got good ones last year.

What is your outfield in that situation? I like Don Brown, even though he has been a disappointment in Philly, but we still need another fielder. If they could get those players and someone like Colby Rasmus for RF or LF, just depends on Brown and which spot he is better defensively.

Pearce, Brown, Jones, Reimold, Lough...

But I would LOVE to have Rasmus.

You don't like Jason Garcia? He's 22 and Dominating the AFL. Throwing 97.

Ryan Flaherty will be Justin Turner someday. After he grows a beard to make him fierce.

Texas and Oakland and got good ones last year.

Hard to be a non-tender candidate as an arb 1 but Flaherty might have managed it.

Garcia might end up being the exception but as I said when Flaherty, TJ and Almanzar were drafted, these are guys were you can pick up their equivalents as minor league free agents.

So we add bad baseball players in Brown and Alvarez, bring back two of our guys, and add an injury prone Jaime Garcia and call it an offseason?

No thanks, I'd rather just blow it up.

I'd rather watch the results of those bad baseball players.

So we add bad baseball players in Brown and Alvarez, bring back two of our guys, and add an injury prone Jaime Garcia and call it an offseason?

No thanks, I'd rather just blow it up.

Blowing it up might be fun.

I'd like to see the package Manny would bring back.

Be more fun to watch then a slow decent to 70 wins.

Hard to be a non-tender candidate as an arb 1 but Flaherty might have managed it.

Garcia might end up being the exception but as I said when Flaherty, TJ and Almanzar were drafted, these are guys were you can pick up their equivalents as minor league free agents.

Almanzar was sent back, IIRC. We got him again later, not thru rule 5.

I'm a Os season ticket holder and rarely miss a game either the stadium and on TV. My dad is a hardcore Phillies fan and watches just about as many of their games. Needless to say, when I'm there, I see a lot of Philly games.

From what I've seen and what my dad tells me, Brown is horrible in the outfield. He's also pretty bad at knowing how to play the game. He makes dumb base running, defensive and other mistakes that the average high schooler would not make.

If he's priced super low and his bat comes around it is probably a great move, but I wouldn't expect him to be a solid corner outfielder for the next handful of years. I'd love to be wrong.

Alvarez would be an upgrade at DH. He isn't very good with the glove either.

You felt the twenty-five thousand dollars should have been spent elsewhere?

I thought the roster spot should have been allocated differently.

Keep in mind that he wasn't returned and then traded for the day of the draft.

He went to spring training, he "got hurt", he went on the DL...

I thought the roster spot should have been allocated differently.

Keep in mind that he wasn't returned and then traded for the day of the draft.

He went to spring training, he "got hurt", he went on the DL...

...And therefore did not cost a roster spot. Sorry, I don't see the issue. Rule 5 is low-risk, and I hope the Orioles continue to use it. Flaherty and TJ have been successes as rule 5 acquisitions. Both cost next to nothing and have filled their roles well. I'm not really sure how you can say otherwise.

Archived