Award Slight Mega-thread

Can_of_corn

How the heck does Fielder get Come back player of the year over Machado?

Manny

6.7 WAR

2.4 WAR

7.1 WAR

156 games

82 games

162 games.

Fielder only increased from -.2 WAR to 1.9 WAR.

It's a travesty! They are obviously biased against the O's!

It's an outrage.

The very idea of the Comeback Player Award isn't something I would think anyone wants to win. It just means that they weren't productive the year prior.

It would be a constant reminder of "Hey, remember that time that I didn't help my team out that one season?" It would be like have pictures of your ex around the house for your current partner to see.

The very idea of the Comeback Player Award isn't something I would think anyone wants to win. It just means that they weren't productive the year prior.

It would be a constant reminder of "Hey, remember that time that I didn't help my team out that one season?" It would be like have pictures of your ex around the house for your current partner to see.

A lot of the time it is more like "Hey, remember I was hurt last year?"

Obviously this thread isn't entirely serious but I do think some recognition about how Manny came back from two serious knee injuries would have been nice.

Considering that this is based on past injury rather than hoping for it to be dictated by future events, I see nothing wrong with it.

How the heck does Fielder get Come back player of the year over Machado?

Manny

6.7 WAR

2.4 WAR

7.1 WAR

156 games

82 games

162 games.

Fielder only increased from -.2 WAR to 1.9 WAR.

It's a travesty! They are obviously biased against the O's!

Not worth its own thread, but anyone who can run queries... how many players have had at least two seasons above 6.5 WAR through their age 22 season?

Not worth its own thread, but anyone who can run queries... how many players have had at least two seasons above 6.5 WAR through their age 22 season?

Not sure how to answer this specifically, but Machado is 16th all time in fWAR (post-1920) through age 22. Mike Trout is 1st.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2015&month=0&season1=1920&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=14,22&filter=&players=0

Notable players Machado is above: Frank Robinson, Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, Hank Aaron, Rickey Henderson....

I fully expected ARod to win it. I mean, going from outcast pariah to cheered by the Yankee faithful for a frankly unbelievable season for a clean 39-year-old, leading his team to the playoffs. You could make a movie out of that. And one day Disney will.

As long as it's a cartoon. Of course then it will be made into a musical. Hugh Jackman as ARoid.

Not sure how to answer this specifically, but Machado is 16th all time in fWAR (post-1920) through age 22. Mike Trout is 1st.

http://www.fangraphs.com/leaders.aspx?pos=all&stats=bat&lg=all&qual=y&type=8&season=2015&month=0&season1=1920&ind=0&team=0&rost=0&age=14,22&filter=&players=0

Notable players Machado is above: Frank Robinson, Stan Musial, Joe DiMaggio, Hank Aaron, Rickey Henderson....

Hmmmn, every one of those guys is in the HOF......:scratchchinhmm:

What may be even more impressive, it seems that the "worst" player above him on that list is Vada Pinson, two time all-star who received MVP votes in five seasons and ended his career with 47.3 fWAR.

Archived