Kimbrel goes to Boston

weams

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Keep in mind the top two pieces here are kids who play positions where Boston already has a young, cost-controlled, potential superstar locked-in at the major league level. It'd be like Baltimore having a top 100 3B prospect at Frederick/Bowie. Neither of these players were being depended upon for the Red Sox long term plans. Each was trade bait; just a question of how they'd be used. Still more to deal from, too, but I think Boston goes after a top tier FA starter.

Yea that's true, most of what I read is sox fans didn't feel the overpay should have been on kimbrel because now it takes away from any other potential trades.

I guess it all depends on philosophy. They could go out there and sign price, Cueto or greinke but one thing is for sure; dombrowski is all about short term so probably a 3-5 year run and then Red Sox will probably look like the tigers do now.

Yea that's true, most of what I read is sox fans didn't feel the overpay should have been on kimbrel because now it takes away from any other potential trades.

I guess it all depends on philosophy. They could go out there and sign price, Cueto or greinke but one thing is for sure; dombrowski is all about short term so probably a 3-5 year run and then Red Sox will probably look like the tigers do now.

Difference is Red Sox already built up their amateur acquisition/development departments. So I wouldn't count on the pipeline drying-up any time soon.

Difference is Red Sox already built up their amateur acquisition/development departments. So I wouldn't count on the pipeline drying-up any time soon.

You don't think pressure of that market will make dombrowski trigger happy?

I'm sure if they win another WS, no one will really care but I have seen execs say that a couple more kimbrel type deals and that's how you become the tigers.

I still see it as a 3-5 year run and I'm sure Boston brass sees it the same way. All they care about is the WS. If dombrowski is there more than the 3-5 yr window I would be surprised.

I'm sure if they win another WS, no one will really care but I have seen execs say that a couple more kimbrel type deals and that's how you become the tigers.

I still see it as a 3-5 year run and I'm sure Boston brass sees it the same way. All they care about is the WS. If dombrowski is there more than the 3-5 yr window I would be surprised.

My point is they will continue to bring in amateur players to replenish the pipeline. All of that infrastructure is still in place. No, I don't think Dombro can find enough to trade for to "gut the system." I mean, I guess it's possible. But they just aren't in the same position as Detroit.

Sure, a few more Kimbrel deals would hurt the organization. But there is no indication that will happen. Last thing I read suggest they might part with JBJ to fill a major league hole and they could sign a FA for the OF.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Archived