Kimbrel goes to Boston

weams

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Or they could sign O'Day and him and Kimbrel both.

O'Day is very good but Kimbrel is a step up.

I'm not sure I'm willing to agree with that.

O'Day's ERA the last 4 years has improved every year: 2.28,2.18,1.70 and 1.52

Kimbrels ERA the last 4 years has decline every year: 1.01,1.21,1.61 and 2.58

At the very least, the difference surely isn't big enough to give up a top 25, top 75 and two other of the organization's top 30 prospects.

The only way it makes sense is if the Sox also get O'Day. I'd be shocked at that amount of money being used on the pen though.

I'm not sure I'm willing to agree with that.

O'Day's ERA the last 4 years has improved every year: 2.28,2.18,1.70 and 1.52

Kimbrels ERA the last 4 years has decline every year: 1.01,1.21,1.61 and 2.58

At the very least, the difference surely isn't big enough to give up a top 25, top 75 and two other of the organization's top 30 prospects.

The only way it makes sense is if the Sox also get O'Day. I'd be shocked at that amount of money being used on the pen though.

Kimbrel is a lock down closer with electric stuff

O'Day is a very nice reliever who may well be able to close but has never proven it.

The difference is a good bit bigger than you make it out to be. O'Day is an excellent player but he is not in Kimbrel's stratosphere

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="ja" dir="ltr">キンブレルが来たぁ〜(o^^o)

優勝するために必要なこと。どこで投げようが全力投球するだけ!</p>? KOJI UEHARA (@TeamUehara) <a href="

">November 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Koji say "He's Fine!" (I think)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Three years of control w/Kimbrel was big to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a>. Will move Koji Uehara to 8th inning. Farrell already reached out & Koji good w/it</p>— Scott Miller (@ScottMillerBbl) <a href="

Am I wrong or could they have just dumped a massive offer at O'Day for 4/36 and been just as well off? Instead they've chosen to spend just about as much money and dump very good prospects for Kimbrel. Not sure I understand this decision.

I think Boston will spend anyway and wants the cash on hand for a high-profile FA. This just might be taking advantage of an opportunity although I think SD came out very well on the deal.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Three years of control w/Kimbrel was big to <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/RedSox?src=hash">#RedSox</a>. Will move Koji Uehara to 8th inning. Farrell already reached out & Koji good w/it</p>— Scott Miller (@ScottMillerBbl) <a href="

BOS strengthens their pen, and we may let our best reliever get away. DOD should have been signed before FA, but FO is not competent enough to get it done. Now we have to pay much more to retain DOD.

BOS strengthens their pen, and we may let our best reliever get away. DOD should have been signed before FA, but FO is not competent enough to get it done. Now we have to pay much more to retain DOD.

Want to add any more assumptions? DOD was going to get a big contract with or without this trade. How exactly is the FO not competent enough to get it done?

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Kimbrel is a lock down closer with electric stuff

O'Day is a very nice reliever who may well be able to close but has never proven it.

The difference is a good bit bigger than you make it out to be. O'Day is an excellent player but he is not in Kimbrel's stratosphere

Since 2010 Kimbrel was worth 13.4 WAR. O'Day was worth 11.9 WAR and missed most of 2011. I think he's in the same stratosphere. Kimbrel has had an ERA+ decline 4 straight years. Kimbrel is a better player but they're in the same stratosphere.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Archived