Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Upton is two years younger and as a good a bet to match, if not exceed, Davis' value over the next six years.

We have a $9M first baseman - Marlk Trumbo.

Upton signed for less money and is less of a commitment.

Bottom line - if in a vacuum the Orioles could choose between Davis at 7 161 and Upton at 6 125, Upton at 6 125 should be an easy choice. Pretty disappointing.

Will he be a Tiger after 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mike ilitch shows why he's 1 of best MLB owners. he was ready to go for davis before this. in tough al central, needed move</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="
">January 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Upton gets the opt out after year 2.

Thanks ,the opt out is interesting. Still slightly prefer Upton to Davis, but it's close.

Do we know they were actually in on Davis?

Heyman notes that the Tigers may be thinking about adding a big bat since they seriously thought about signing Davis; some front office members even wanted to make the move, though future luxury-tax concerns scuttled the signing.

Think the GM was hesitant about spending more money but the owner is calling the shots.

One thing we can all agree on is that the market is stronger then everyone believed...it will be interesting where cespedes land and for how much. The fast food smoking thing may hurt him though

Once agents get involved with owners, the big money plays.

Doesn't bother me. I'd rather have the financial flexibility.

I'll save the big money for guys like Manny.

Manny should be top priority, no doubt. Always has been. If either of these deals have a negative impact in regards to keeping him, well, he's gone anyway.

Archived