Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

So Kym isn't an outfielder?

I suspect we will see Davis play some OF, and Trumbo some at 1st.

Are we better now, than last season's start with Snider, De Aza and Jones in the OF?

I still think we really need to address the leadoff spot. Be nice to get an OF that could leadoff because I don't want to bat Machado there this year.

Austin Jackson?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I did actually say pick first. He does not have the attributes of an AL hitter tter since Coors. Certainly no real power. It's not like his OBP is .400.

In his only AL season (2014) he had the second highest BA of his career, second highest OBP of his career, and highest OPS+ of his career. And he missed a chunk of time which lowered his power totals. Oh and his career average OBP would have been tops on the team last year. So not saying he needs to be at .400. And as I stated, there is plenty ofppower on this team already. We barring injuries we won't be desperate for home runs.

What I am saying is that I believe his value relative to potential cost is greater than Cespedes and I would have hoped he'd be a target.

Jackson's OBP the last couple years is about .310. Manny would be a far more productive leadoff hitter.

Maybe Jackson not the guy but feel like we are wasting Manny at leadoff. He's more productive than most but what are we losing by not having him bat 3rd?

Any other leadoff options out there?

Maybe Jackson not the guy but feel like we are wasting Manny at leadoff. He's more productive than most but what are we losing by not having him bat 3rd?

Any other leadoff options out there?

I don't think they lose much. Would the Orioles be better with Manny batting 2nd or 4th, or maybe even 3rd, if they had a high-OBP/low-power prototypical leadoff hitter? Maybe a bit, but not because of lineup order, just from the impact of having a better batter in the order.

I've said this before: Even a totally illogical lineup with Manny batting 9th, Davis 7th, and Joseph leading off wouldn't cost the team 30 runs over a full year.

I still think we really need to address the leadoff spot. Be nice to get an OF that could leadoff because I don't want to bat Machado there this year.

Austin Jackson?

I am okay with Manny in the leadoff spot, like Roch wrote in his blog, only 3-4 true leadoff hitters left around the leagues.

The estimated payroll for the team now, including Davis, is approx 124M. Who can envision a 2016 exceeding 130M?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think it'll be over $130M, but not enough to allow for a Cespedes signing (or even Fowler for that matter). I'd look for a SP and OF addition before it's said and done, but I'd think the pitcher will be more in the Fister/Latos class and the OF will be someone like David Murphy, Matt Joyce or Will Venable as a platoon option with Reimold. Those two players will bump the payroll north of $130M.

I am okay with Manny in the leadoff spot, like Roch wrote in his blog, only 3-4 true leadoff hitters left around the leagues.

I'm okay with Manny batting 1st, too, particularly if you can sure up the bottom of the order with better players that can get on some before him when the lineup flips back around. I'm a much bigger fan of having one of your best players getting the most at bats rather than sticking someone who's your 6th or 7th best simply because he offers a bit of speed or looks more the part.

I'm okay with Manny batting 1st, too, particularly if you can sure up the bottom of the order with better players that can get on some before him when the lineup flips back around. I'm a much bigger fan of having one of your best players getting the most at bats rather than sticking someone who's your 6th or 7th best simply because he offers a bit of speed or looks more the part.

Boog Powell scored runs in 11.4% of his career PAs.

Luis Aparicio scored runs in 10.1% of his.

While were on the subject..what about Steve Pearce.Unless I missed it, he's still unsigned and a Buck man. He started to show signs that he was returning to form by the end of last year and he could be a bargain.NoCespedes? Ok.Get me Pearce and a decent arm.

Not sure there is room on the roster for Pearce, as much as I like the guy.

Need their 4th OF, to be able to play CF, and I know, Roch said Reimold can, not sure, I am warm fuzzes about this backup plan.

I see Wieters playing some DH and maybe even some First, which impacts Steve and his ability to make this team.

How bad is Trumbo's glove? If he can play first and not hurt us, why not go back to Pedro Alvarez for DH. Trumbo at first, Davis in right, Kim in left? Still need pitching, but Alvarez could mash as DH and wouldn't cost nearly the years or salary of Cespedes.

How bad is Trumbo's glove? If he can play first and not hurt us, why not go back to Pedro Alvarez for DH. Trumbo at first, Davis in right, Kim in left? Still need pitching, but Alvarez could mash as DH and wouldn't cost nearly the years or salary of Cespedes.

I hear Trumbo is good at 1st, but not as good as Davis, not so good in the OF.

Archived