Trumbo an Oriole (For Clevenger Done Deal)

MASNPalmer

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dont get too excited if it is Hultzen. He is damaged goods and is more of a lottery ticket then anything else.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Hultzen was granted an extra option. If he could stay a bit healthy, he could replace Matusz.

A lot of people think we fleeced them. I think it's a decent trade all in all especially knowing we're getting a second piece back. I mean it's not the greatest trade ever obviously but it's Dan's first in a while where I can say "Yeah I like that a bit." I can see Trumbo being a good fit for our stadium and division.

Hultzen is out of options. There isn't a mechanism for granting a 5th option.

Ah you were right. Didnt realize he had already been optioned 4 times. I am guessing the Mariners obtained a waiver from MLB for another option since he was injured the majority of last year. This is definitely a first of a player having 5 options.

And he was playing for a big contract last year, how did that turn out? I really wish people would stop that saying since it isnt accurate.

He was disabled until the All Star break. Despite what everyone here wanted to believe.

And he was playing for a big contract last year, how did that turn out? I really wish people would stop that saying since it isnt accurate.

I am not a big believer in a walk year bump but citing Matt's 2015 as a way to refute them is deceptive. He was returning from serious injury.

Archived