Ben Revere

Going Underground

Ben Revere would absolutely be a huge addition to this team. Sign me up for sure. Lead off hitter, LFer. He is the guy that the Orioles wanted at the trade deadline last year, but just didn't have enough to offer in trade to get him. Instead we traded too much for Parra. I really can't believe that Toronto would non tender him, but I will play along.

Ben Revere would absolutely be a huge addition to this team. Sign me up for sure. Lead off hitter, LFer. He is the guy that the Orioles wanted at the trade deadline last year, but just didn't have enough to offer in trade to get him. Instead we traded too much for Parra. I really can't believe that Toronto would non tender him, but I will play along.

He's been a decent player, but I think you're severely overrating him here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Huh? 31 is old? And other than last year, he had atleast 500 AB 3 straight years. Two of those 600+ AB.

Sports Illustrated.

After missing the season?s first 12 games, Span played 59 of the team's next 71 games, missing occasional time due to back spasms that were caused by weakness in key stabilizing muscles. On July 7, he went on the DL again, and didn't return until Tuesday. He played in just two games before sitting on Thursday due to left hip inflammation, and when he didn't enter Thursday night's game against the Padres after fill-in centerfielder Michael Taylor suffered a right knee contusion when he collided with the centerfield wall, it was clear the Nationals had even bigger problems.

Hip Labrum and Core Muscle surgeries and two back and knee injuries, all in one year.

Span is a Boras client that no one gets to see if he can play baseball before signing. The physical will be something he can pass. Because all of the work is disclosed.
This makes no sense. If he passes an O's physical he's as healthy as any MLB player can be known to be.

Sports Illustrated.

Hip Labrum and Core Muscle surgeries and two back and knee injuries, all in one year.

Back injuries never get better or go away. Players try to play through them and then leg injuries happen. Span is risky. Revere isn't going to be available to us. Parra stunk up the joint. I think Aoki on a short deal would be the way to go. He had a concussion and fibula injury last year but the giants said they didn't bring him back just so they could keep their options open. 1/5 might be a pretty good deal for him.

Archived