Duquette Speaks

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Duquette said getting another reliever under consideration even after re-signing ODay <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">December 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Seems like we're going to keep Wright and Wilson starters for the mean time. I like that theory. With the relief options we have. Why not keep these guys as starters and see if one of them can eventually become a MLB level SP. Hopefully a few of Wright, Wilson, Bridwell, Hess, turn into success stories.

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm watching Baseball Tonight and Bowden just said that he spoke to Dan who told him that Angelos has given him the checkbook to go sign a big bat and a starter.

He mentioned we're having a hard time getting a deal done with Boras for Davis and if that falls through we're in on Upton. We're also interested in Gallardo.

As always, take the source with a grain of salt.

Seems like a good way to bypass Boras and get a message directly to Chris.

Unless it means moving him to the rotation, or moving Matusz to the rotation, or trading Matusz, or trading Brach.
Why trade Brach? Matusz wouldn't necessarily require a replacement, and they've been pretty clear that Britton is not going to the rotation.

Why trade Brach? Matusz wouldn't necessarily require a replacement, and they've been pretty clear that Britton is not going to the rotation.

If they sign Sipp they might send Matusz packing for a couple of minor leaguers. Sipp would do more than replace Matusz, but he certainly would replace him.

If they sign Sipp they might send Matusz packing for a couple of minor leaguers. Sipp would do more than replace Matusz, but he certainly would replace him.
5-6 M for Sipp is more than replacing Matusz it seems more like getting a set up guy for DoD.

5-6 M for Sipp is more than replacing Matusz it seems more like getting a set up guy for DoD.

It's building a bullpen that can hold onto leads, even if the starter goes only five innings most nights. btw - I have no trouble with trading Britton. I've even suggested it a time or two. I just don't think that bringing in another bullpen arm means he's definitely being traded. It might be a good way to add a couple of prospects if we sign Gallardo and Upton, and thereby sacrifice two picks.

Seems like we're going to keep Wright and Wilson starters for the mean time. I like that theory. With the relief options we have. Why not keep these guys as starters and see if one of them can eventually become a MLB level SP. Hopefully a few of Wright, Wilson, Bridwell, Hess, turn into success stories.

I would be quite happy if one of them turned into a serviceable starter.

I'm watching Baseball Tonight and Bowden just said that he spoke to Dan who told him that Angelos has given him the checkbook to go sign a big bat and a starter.

He mentioned we're having a hard time getting a deal done with Boras for Davis and if that falls through we're in on Upton. We're also interested in Gallardo.

As always, take the source with a grain of salt.

It's hard to believe that this is a DD quote....he's always so cryptic. At this point I would rather see them pursue an of bat. The are many more cheaper alternatives at 1b

If we traded Britton I'd be torn over who I wanted to close. I love O'day in his current role, he's invaluable. I think Givens would be better starting off clean 9th innings rather than having to do what O'day has been doing and pitching in all of the high leverage situations. By having Givens close we could have a cheap closer for 3 years and build his trade vaule and hopefully not just his arb numbers.

Also as a darkhorse, I wouldn't mind having Tommy Hunter back on a 1-2 year deal. I think we really need to put an emphasis on having our young arms develop into MLB SP. If that takes keeping Wilson and Wright starting all year next year in Norfolk(except a few callups for fresh arms) than so be it. It's not time to give up on those guys just yet. Then if they do fail as starters we will be able to maximize their prime years under team control.

Archived