MW QO Acceptance: For or Against the QO?

Crazysilver03

What is/was your stance on the QO?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. What is/was your stance on the QO?

• For the QO before and after acceptance
    • Against the QO before and after thr acceptance
    • For the QO before acceptance, against after acceptance
    • Against the QO before acceptance, for the QO after acceptance

This poll is closed to new votes

I was for the QO based on the consensus that it would not be accepted.

The impact of his acceptance has been Wieters & Trumbo for 25 million vs. Davis and Clevenger for 25 million

Davis >>>> Trumbo

Clevenger < Wieters

I hold the FO accountable for not understanding the market and/or Wieters' desires

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The impact of his acceptance has been Wieters & Trumbo for 25 million vs. Davis and Clevenger for 25 million

Davis >>>> Trumbo

Clevenger < Wieters

I hold the FO accountable for not understanding the market and/or Wieters' desires

They will be very excited to receive this news.

At the end of the day, all they could do is make an educated guess as to whether Wieters would accept the QO or not. They guessed wrong, but that doesn't mean it was a poorly researched or reasoned guess.

Also, assuming than the number of >'s you put in your equation is supposed to indicate the difference in ability or potential between the two players, I respectfully disagree. Trumbo is much closer in ability to Davis than Clevenger is to Wieters. In a vacuum, I'd prefer Wieters and Trumbo to Davis and Clevenger. The parts of the equation that are missing here are (1) the availability of Caleb Joseph and (2) the fact that Davis will be signed for multiple years, while Wieters and Trumbo are only signed for one.

o

In Wieters' lat full season, he hit 22 home runs, and led the Major Leagues in sacrifice flies (12.)

If he could equal those numbers and have a good season defensively, I would be happy with that ...... and live with his OBP if it is at least .300.

I like the last category, I was against the QO until Wieters accepted it so now I'm for it. Is that the homer category? Oops, I see you have a taker.

And I don't think that taker can be considered a homer. But he can be considered completely irrational, based on his selection of that option.

I like the last category, I was against the QO until Wieters accepted it so now I'm for it. Is that the homer category? Oops, I see you have a taker.

Just added that option to acknowledge all positions. Didnt actually think someone would take it. Assuming on who took it, not sure he understood the options.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Wieters will most certainly not be worth the $16M he will be paid, but I enjoy Matt Wieters and I'm happy he's on the team. I'm hoping he has a great year, and I think he's capable of it.

I don't enjoy the boo birds on this forum.

You don't think Matt Wieters can be a 2 WAR player?

Davis >>>> Trumbo

Clevenger < Wieters

Man ....I've been accused of being negative here in the past ...heck even recent past!

But you have me beat!

The Orioles needed to add a bat to replace Cruz that they failed to do last year.

Angelos is negotiating with Boras to keep Davis and they are trying to keep O'Day. Plus talking about adding a starter.

I am confident by all of this that payroll is going up.

Why not wait and see instead of the B***h fest!

I remember the Angelos that would get a deal done back when we added Palmeiro, Alomar, Surhoff, and Belle.

I hope he's that committed this year...I'm willing to let it play out.

Maybe, but Joseph could give similar value overall. Now you minimize Joseph's value by playing Wieters 120 games or more. Joseph/Clevenger would have been fine. Catcher was not a top priority. Starting pitching is.

I don't disagree but they rolled the dice and it came up craps. There wasn't a GM out there who wouldn't have offered the QO.

If he has a solid year and stays healthy. No sure thing on either count. Meanwhile it hurts us this year.

If Matt is healthy and hits 280 w/ 20-25 homers and knocks in 80+ (all things that seem reasonable) how can that be bad this year?

If he flounders it's bad for the team....but not for certain. So far the only thing you've lost is a AAAA guy in Clevenger.

Talk about it after its clearly impacted the team which doesn't appear to be a certainty.

Archived