Tender Updates (Janish, Lough Non-Tendered)

wildcard

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Orioles announced that they’ve agreed to terms with outfielder Nolan Reimold on a one-year deal, thus avoiding arbitration. Rich Dubroff of CSNMidAtlantic.com reports that Reimold will land a $1.3MM salary (Twitter link). He cleared MLBTR’s projection by $400K

So Nolan is back which is probably good news.

I think Alvarez is potentially a good nugget if we fail to sign Davis. I think it would be too expensive to have all of Trumbo, Alvarez and Davis.

It would also mean that one of them would have to play the outfield, which would suck. Davis at first and Trumbo DH or Trumbo at first and Alvarez at DH - those configurations are fine. Leave the outfield to the outfielders, and don't make Alvarez put on a glove.

It would also mean that one of them would have to play the outfield, which would suck. Davis at first and Trumbo DH or Trumbo at first and Alvarez at DH - those configurations are fine. Leave the outfield to the outfielders, and don't make Alvarez put on a glove.

You could get by for a year with Davis in RF, Trumbo at 1B and Alvarez at DH. I don't think Buck would go with that though and it would be expensive.

I can't say I'll miss Lough. Good defender but I hated his whole approach at the plate. He's the king of the 250 foot lazy fly out, which is unforgivable for a guy with his speed. Also a terrible base stealer.

I liked Lough, but eventually he made it impossible to defend him anymore. Very athletic, well conditioned, excellent with the glove, and a good baserunner in the first-to-third sense. But not making contact (25% K rate), hitting too many fly balls, no bunt hits last year, and thinking he was a base stealer when he was one of the worst at reading pitchers just wrapped up his tenure with the Orioles and put a bow on it. Adios, #9.

Ugh.....keeping Matusz again. I don't get it. Don't need to be paying 5 or 6 million to a situational lefty and probably our fifth or sixth best reliever.

They aren't offering him arbitration. They are stating they will offer him a MLB contract and that's it. If they can't reach an agreement then the Orioles can offer him arbitration but aren't obligated to do so.

They aren't offering him arbitration. They are stating they will offer him a MLB contract and that's it. If they can't reach an agreement then the Orioles can offer him arbitration but aren't obligated to do so.

If they don't agree to a contract, won't it automatically go to arbitration?

Archived