Connolly: Orioles SIGN Kim 2 - $7M (Olmos Waived & Re-Claimed by Cubs)

Yardball85

• Replies 657
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's spin to show that the O's are trying hard to improve the team.

Maybe they think it softens the blow when we see the final roster.

This was my immediate reaction, but then why would it then come out that he can make just as much in the KBO? Plus this is the type of move that non hardcore baseball fans are going to be like wtf about? I think its his agent. Leak the offer to get a better one from an mlb team. Ok, NO better offer, so let's say he can get just as much staying at home.

So if we sign Kim we might be really close to being done at the mlb level. We'll have Kim/Reimold for LF, Rickard/Hoes for RF. Parades in the mix maybe. Let's get Davis and Gallardo and go to ST. Basically.

This was my immediate reaction, but then why would it then come out that he can make just as much in the KBO? Plus this is the type of move that non hardcore baseball fans are going to be like wtf about? I think its his agent. Leak the offer to get a better one from an mlb team. Ok, NO better offer, so let's say he can get just as much staying at home.

So if we sign Kim we might be really close to being done at the mlb level. We'll have Kim/Reimold for LF, Rickard/Hoes for RF. Parades in the mix maybe. Let's get Davis and Gallardo and go to ST. Basically.

Don't most players want to play in MLB? I guess he might want to stay home. He also might want to be near his brother-in-laws wife in case she gives birth.:wedge:

Don't most players want to play in MLB? I guess he might want to stay home. He also might want to be near his brother-in-laws wife in case she gives birth.:wedge:

Mostly. But up until the 50s it was not unusual for west coast guys who weren't MLB stars to just play in the PCL for 15 years. They got paid pretty well, were local/regional stars, close to home. Many saw it as preferable to being a reserve player on the Browns or Red Sox or whatever.

That he had "better offers" from Korean teams (basically impossible) and would likely stay in Korea.

We know from other sports (i.e. soccer) that talent flows across borders to wherever the money is. You get an occasional Landon Donovan who stays home for far less money. But the vast majority of the time a guy moves without a second thought for a significant raise. The complaint in England is that they can't develop a good national team because the English kids can't beat out all the Koreans and Argentines and Hondurans and everyone else flocking to the EPL.

We know from other sports (i.e. soccer) that talent flows across borders to wherever the money is. You get an occasional Landon Donovan who stays home for far less money. But the vast majority of the time a guy moves without a second thought for a significant raise. The complaint in England is that they can't develop a good national team because the English kids can't beat out all the Koreans and Argentines and Hondurans and everyone else flocking to the EPL.

What's their excuse for Cricket?

Archived