2)Chen not replaced

3)Parra replaced by Kim

4)Pearce replaced by Hoes

5)Clevenger replaced by Pena

6)Berry replaced by Riefenhauser

7)Lough replaced by Rickard

8)Steve Johnson replaced by Worley

9)Rondon replaced by Chris Jones

10)Wilkins not replaced (Walker, Mancini in minors)

11)Janish not replaced(Ozzie Martinez probably moves to AAA/Tolleson to AAA)

12)Lake not replaced(Kim, Alvarez, Hoes, Reimold and Rickard on roster)

13) Lee, Triggs and Bridwell added

all of that equals another losing season or .500 season.

What a joke. They can't add 1 respectable legitimate free agent to this roster?another long losing season coming your way O's fans. Are you excited?

Honestly, I am excited, but thats just because I love the Orioles. I have already picked out 10 spring training games to go to this year.

I understand you have a passion for the team, but looking at everything through crap colored glasses will just make your life miserable.

Signing players (or trading for players at that) just isn't as easy as saying, "We want players X,Y, and Z" and snap your fingers, and it's done. There are negotiations with agents, owners, personnel, and that pesky thing of if the player wants to play in Baltimore, or any other city at that.

So, lets all relax, enjoy the holidays, and see how the rest of the offseason plays out. There are still good players still available that for all you know, we could be working towards.

all of that equals another losing season or .500 season.

What a joke. They can't add 1 respectable legitimate free agent to this roster?another long losing season coming your way O's fans. Are you excited?[/

you say another losing season...we havent had a losing since 2011

Honestly, I am excited, but thats just because I love the Orioles. I have already picked out 10 spring training games to go to this year.

I understand you have a passion for the team, but looking at everything through crap colored glasses will just make your life miserable.

Signing players (or trading for players at that) just isn't as easy as saying, "We want players X,Y, and Z" and snap your fingers, and it's done. There are negotiations with agents, owners, personnel, and that pesky thing of if the player wants to play in Baltimore, or any other city at that.

So, lets all relax, enjoy the holidays, and see how the rest of the offseason plays out. There are still good players still available that for all you know, we could be working towards.

I'm in the same boat as you, are you the one who brought the beer?

The context of your list leaves a lot to be desired.

It does not mention the timeline for which the players were removed.

It does not make a mention as to the reason they were removed.

It also fails to mention that all but Tim Berry were without Minor League Options.

Some were Free Agents and earned the right to garner the best contract that they could get on the open market.

Some were Non-Tendered as that process adds a significant amount to their respective contracts and those players could be re-signed on a Minor league contract that would give the Orioles Forty Man the roster flexibility it needs to be competitive.

Still others were brought in on the waiver process as roster filler and were deemed to be expendable with any roster upgrades.

You make no mention of the three day period that Matt Wieters was a free Agent that accepted the QO and was re=added to the roster. This move made Clevenger, who was out of options, a trade commodity that brought back Trumbo/C.J. Riefenhauser.

As far as the list of who replaced whom, this is not as correct as it may seem on the face of the post. An example is the lack of mention that Wieters resigns/accepts QO which makes Clevenger expendable.

1)Davis replaced by Davis or Gordon or Upton or Cespedes

2)Chen replaced by Kazmir, Latos, whoever works

3)Parra replaced by Kim

4)Pearce replaced by Trumbo

5)Clevenger replaced by Pena

6)Berry replaced by Riefenhauser

7)Lough replaced by Rickard

8)Steve Johnson replaced by Worley

9)Rondon replaced by Chris Jones

10)Wilkins not replaced (Walker, Mancini in minors)

11)Janish not replaced(Ozzie Martinez probably moves to AAA/Tolleson to AAA)

12)Lake replaced by Hoes

13) Lee, Triggs and Bridwell added

That is what I expect the team to be able to do.

The context of your list leaves a lot to be desired.

It does not mention the timeline for which the players were removed.

It does not make a mention as to the reason they were removed.

It also fails to mention that all but Tim Berry were without Minor League Options.

Some were Free Agents and earned the right to garner the best contract that they could get on the open market.

Some were Non-Tendered as that process adds a significant amount to their respective contracts and those players could be re-signed on a Minor league contract that would give the Orioles Forty Man the roster flexibility it needs to be competitive.

Still others were brought in on the waiver process as roster filler and were deemed to be expendable with any roster upgrades.

You make no mention of the three day period that Matt Wieters was a free Agent that accepted the QO and was re=added to the roster. This move made Clevenger, who was out of options, a trade commodity that brought back Trumbo/C.J. Riefenhauser.

As far as the list of who replaced whom, this is not as correct as it may seem on the face of the post. An example is the lack of mention that Wieters resigns/accepts QO which makes Clevenger expendable.

I had to leave something for you to post about.

At the end of the day, at this point in the off season, what I posted was who was off the team, who was added to the team and my opinion of who replaced who. It was meant to be a conversation starter during a slow period of the off season while the Holidays are here. And so far it is achieving that goal.

So we've lost 14 people off our 40 man since Oct 1, and all but SJ, Lough, and Janish ended up on other mlb 40 man rosters. Other than the FA's, these were players that were expendable here, that other teams snatched up.

Really it's only 5 guys that have been waived and claimed. 4 that weren't in the O's organization at the beginning of the year. Heck one was just added and lost in the last month.

Archived