2)Chen not replaced

3)Parra replaced by Kim

4)Pearce replaced by Hoes

5)Clevenger replaced by Pena

6)Berry replaced by Riefenhauser

7)Lough replaced by Rickard

8)Steve Johnson replaced by Worley

9)Rondon replaced by Chris Jones

10)Wilkins not replaced (Walker, Mancini in minors)

11)Janish not replaced(Ozzie Martinez probably moves to AAA/Tolleson to AAA)

12)Lake not replaced(Kim, Alvarez, Hoes, Reimold and Rickard on roster)

13) Lee, Triggs and Bridwell added

So with the Davis signing, this changes slightly

I believe if the ORIOLES sign a half way decent starter..Latos?Fister..but NOT Gallardo and add a decent bat this would be an excellent off season. As it is, it is a respectable one. Wieters, ODay, Davis, Trumbo,Kim and some fillers?I think they have a chance to have an excellent offseason.

Again Roy dropping hints that more is coming. I love it.

I believe if the ORIOLES sign a half way decent starter..Latos?Fister..but NOT Gallardo and add a decent bat this would be an excellent off season. As it is, it is a respectable one. Wieters, ODay, Davis, Trumbo,Kim and some fillers?I think they have a chance to have an excellent offseason.

I agree. Everything is not what I would have done, but they have been active and adding Latos would get an A from me.

A suitable number three starting pitcher and I'd be happy. I feel a trade coming.

If they get a number three would that make the rotation any better? IMHO I feel we have mostly 2s and 3s. Unless Gausman, Tillman, or Bundy Take big leaps forward this year. Doesn't mean they can't win 10-13 games each, just means why waste money or prospects on a number 3 at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you look at WAR of people on the list, the big "subtract" is Chen (3.8). Parra and Pearce both had negative WAR, so they are arguably addition by subtraction, but for the sake of argument assume they were replacement level.

The big adds are Kim and Trumbo (1.6). If Kim can give us 1.5 WAR we come pretty close to replacing Chen while keeping our core of position players. Those two arguably get us back to a .500 team on paper.

The big question then is whether natural progression of the young players (particularly Gausman) and veterans reverting to career norms (JJ, Tillman, Gonzo) are enough to put os over the top. Because injuries and regressions always happen, I still have a feeling we are basically an 81-85 win team, and I don't see any pitchers available that can change that.

I think this has been an A+ offseason in terms of spending money, and I agree with most of the decisions. However, we have come away with fewer draft picks than I would have hoped, and I fear the improvement has not been enough. With much of our core receiving big arbitration raises the last few years, DD is operating under some tight constraints and that is just the reality going into this season.

I am not high on the band wagon with Fister, his velocity is down, and he isn't the pitcher he used to be.

I keep going back and forth on Fister. I want him on the team contingent on a the O's being confident that some of his velocity decrease last year was injury related. He's going into his age 32 season so it's not like he's that long in the tooth. It's reasonable to expect another strong season or two. His 2015 numbers were concerning, but before that he had several really strong years in a row.

I keep going back and forth on Fister. I want him on the team contingent on a the O's being confident that some of his velocity decrease last year was injury related. He's going into his age 32 season so it's not like he's that long in the tooth. It's reasonable to expect another strong season or two. His 2015 numbers were concerning, but before that he had several really strong years in a row.

According to Roch, the Orioles are tempted and interested, but not at the 2-22 range that Fister is looking for.

My concerns, once you start losing your velocity, you dont regain it back, normally.

For me it still boils down to Chen for Trumbo so far. We do still have several picks in the first 100, so we have that going for us, which is nice.

Grab a decent starter, maybe add someone like Cespedes for a year, and rebuild that farm system.

Archived