Stan "The Fan:" With Or Without Chris Davis, Orioles' Road To Playoffs Just Got Harder

PressBoxOnline

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playoffs!!! Right now were battling TB for last place in the division.

I'll wait until the Orioles are at least 0-1 before conceding that they are "battling for last place in the division."

Just as last year, when I waited until the season was completed before conceding that the Nationals would win the NL East, as most experts had predicted.

2015 ERAs

Betances 1.50

Chapman 1.63

Miller 2.04

O'Day 1.52

Givens 1.80

Britton 1.92

1B is still open, but the other 7 everyday positions on the field is an advantage to the Orioles and mostly it is not even close. (Maybe Gardner in left is as good as what we have, but that's the closest.

As much as everyone, including Yankee fans, hate ARod, he's a better DH than the O's currently have.

The Yanks new 7th-9th inning pitchers may be more flashy with all their strikeouts (strikeouts are fascist) but the O's are their equal as pointed out above.

Starting pitching is the test. Tanaka and Sabathia are crap shoots to make 28 starts each, Tanaka needs 5 days rest to be effective, CC is old, he could be Otis Nixon's father he looks so old.

Not saying the Orioles are a playoff lock, but the Yankees aren't as good as Baltimore, O's beat the Yanks by 5 games at years' end

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

In order for the MFY to succeed, Tex, CC, Tanaka, Pineda, Ellsbury, ARoid, Beltran, etc. need to stay healthy. That's a lot of Bengay.

We've been signing the "Yankees are too old" song for a very long time here, yet they manage a winning record every single season. I certainly expect them to do that in 2016. 50/50 whether they'll win enough to get a playoff spot.

In order for the MFY to succeed, Tex, CC, Tanaka, Pineda, Ellsbury, ARoid, Beltran, etc. need to stay healthy. That's a lot of Bengay.

Yankees won the division last year with multiple guys on that list spending time on the DL. I don't think they need all of them healthy, just most of them for most of the time.

I see that as more likely than Tillman, Gonzalez, and Hardy magically rebounding and Gausman having a breakout year, all of which really do need to happen before we can talk about the O's improving on .500.

Yankees won the division last year with multiple guys on that list spending time on the DL. I don't think they need all of them healthy, just most of them for most of the time.

I see that as more likely than Tillman, Gonzalez, and Hardy magically rebounding and Gausman having a breakout year, all of which really do need to happen before we can talk about the O's improving on .500.

The Blue Jays won the division, the Yanks were the wild card.

The Blue Jays won the division' date=' the Yanks were the wild card.[/quote']

Right now I'd put the Yankees ahead of us. I'm still waiting to see what additional players we acquire before passing any final judgment.

The Blue Jays won the division' date=' the Yanks were the wild card.[/quote']

Thank you for the edit. I am brain dead today. Point being, the Yankees are a lot closer to the playoffs than we are right now, and that was before Chapman. We are not even a .500 team right now. We are still at .500 minus Davis and Chen.

Thank you for the edit. I am brain dead today. Point being, the Yankees are a lot closer to the playoffs than we are right now, and that was before Chapman. We are not even a .500 team right now. We are still at .500 minus Davis and Chen.

That's okay, I do it alot. And I agree with your point.

Archived