Trades coming?

Frobby

We're mostly paying attention to the free agent market, but I won't be surprised to see the Orioles pull off a trade or two over the next six weeks. It seems like we have an abundant supply of bullpen arms, and a number of 1B/corner OF types who aren't studs but might be a second piece in a trade. I'd see the following players as possibly available to be traded:

- Britton

- Brach

- Matusz

- McFarland

- Roe

- Wright

- Wilson

- Drake

- Garcia

- Paredes

- Mancini

- Walker

- Alvarez

- Urrutia

I won't be surprised to see some of these guys sent to another organization. Maybe even Givens would be dealt if a starting pitcher were coming back.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it is easier to make a list of guys who are untouchable. Manny, Gausman, Schoop, Harvey. There are a few "close to untradeable" guys, Jones, O'Day, Givens. There are a few with no trades (Hardy) and Ubaldo has the worst contract.

All the rest should be on the table, in my opinion. Of veterans who might bring back prospects, I would include Tillman, Gonzo, CJ, and Trumbo, for example.

I think you can add Bundy to the list, if someone wants to take a chance on a high upside guy. It would surprise me if we didn't make something happen with the Dodgers, they have what we need and we have what they need/want.

I think it is easier to make a list of guys who are untouchable. Manny, Gausman, Schoop, Harvey. There are a few "close to untradeable" guys, Jones, O'Day, Givens. There are a few with no trades (Hardy) and Ubaldo has the worst contract.

All the rest should be on the table, in my opinion. Of veterans who might bring back prospects, I would include Tillman, Gonzo, CJ, and Trumbo, for example.

I think Ubaldo's contract is easily tradeable. 2014 was lousy, but 2015 was solid. Given the prices this winter, the 2/$26.5 mm remaining on his deal is at about market value. But we wouldn't get a ton in return, and then we'd have another hole to fill in our rotation. So, I doubt we'd trade him.

We aren't going into rebuild mode, so I don't see us trading significant contributors for prospects now. Maybe in July if the season isn't going well.

I think you can add Bundy to the list, if someone wants to take a chance on a high upside guy. It would surprise me if we didn't make something happen with the Dodgers, they have what we need and we have what they need/want.

Bundy needs to go to a team like Milwaukee or Philadelphia.

Archived