First Domino to Fall? (Gordon back to KC, 4 yrs $72M)

SticksandStones

I'd rather have a guy with plus range and an okay arm in right than a guy with a gun and little range. Even in OPACY.

But I would assume that a proven centerfielder like Span does, in fact, have plus-range in RF (to go along with the decent arm).

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cause Parra can somewhat hit. Where as Reimold can be bad, and so can LJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have we forgotten how big a disappointment Parra was last year with the O's, in terms of both his hitting and his poor routes / decisions in RF? Only his throws and occasionally the ability to steal a base earned respect.

Are they teaching Paredes a position? I'm actually optimistic that he could learn to adjust offensively.

He's 27. He can't field, he's got a .662 MLB OPS, and a sub-.800 OPS in AAA mostly in the PCL. How many players have learned to play a position well at 27 after being below average everywhere up through 27?

Paredes is like Darnell McDonald, in that they can't play Major League Baseball but they'd be awesome if they brought back field day and had all the players do sprints and high jumps and shot puts and stuff.

He's 27. He can't field, he's got a .662 MLB OPS, and a sub-.800 OPS in AAA mostly in the PCL. How many players have learned to play a position well at 27 after being below average everywhere up through 27?

Paredes is like Darnell McDonald, in that they can't play Major League Baseball but they'd be awesome if they brought back field day and had all the players do sprints and high jumps and shot puts and stuff.

Or the superstars competition.

Unfortunately, I agree--he would have learned to field by now if he could. But I don't think the career OPS captures the details of his hitting last year. After the first slump, he did adjust successfully, then fell off again, before beginning to recover during a SSS in September.

Are they teaching Paredes a position? I'm actually optimistic that he could learn to adjust offensively.

Paredes hasn't played (in the DWL) since December 4th. I don't know why. At the time he was hitting .205 with a .548 OPS. A quick look at some box scores showed him splitting time between DH and RF.

Joey Rickard, FWIW, has a .794 OPS with the same team.

Paredes hasn't played (in the DWL) since December 4th. I don't know why. At the time he was hitting .205 with a .548 OPS. A quick look at some box scores showed him splitting time between DH and RF.

Joey Rickard, FWIW, has a .794 OPS with the same team.

Forgot about Rickard--thanks for the interesting info.

Archived