Prediction: Davis, How Does it End? When, Where, How much?

Bahama O's Fan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Strong.

Boras doesn't care where Davis ends up and CD said that any deal is out of his hands so unfortunately any destination is possible, however unpalatable.

These guys are so rich, they can take the boos and jeering for an extra few $ million.

The Red Sox somehow manage to offload Hanley Ramirez contract

CD to the Red Sox 6 years $130 million with opt out after year 2 - February 20th

Strong.

Boras doesn't care where Davis ends up and CD said that any deal is out of his hands so unfortunately any destination is possible, however unpalatable.

These guys are so rich, they can take the boos and jeering for an extra few $ million.

The opposite is also true, although they usually don't choose to look at it that way.

These guys are so rich, they can avoid the extra boos and jeering if they sign for a few $ Million less.

Davis' lifestyle won't be much different if he gets $20 Million per year from a slightly lower bidder, $22 Million per year from the Orioles, or $24 Million a year from a slightly higher bidder.

I think he will end up with the Orioles but I hope that he signs elsewhere, particularly if it's for $150 million. Resigning him doesn't make the team any better unless they spend more money to bring other guys in, which I don't think they'll do. He also struck out over 200 times last year and is a year removed from hitting .196

So no one's going out on a limb and predict April 19th or May 3rd to whatever contender has the first major injury at 1B/LF/RF/DH? If any agent would do that it's Boras.

If it goes that late, you might as well wait until June when he would no longer cost a comp pick. I would not put that past Boras, in part just to screw the Orioles.

I think he will end up with the Orioles but I hope that he signs elsewhere, particularly if it's for $150 million. Resigning him doesn't make the team any better unless they spend more money to bring other guys in, which I don't think they'll do. He also struck out over 200 times last year and is a year removed from hitting .196

Mike Trout led the league in strike outs in 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived