Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't really care about the contract... We don't know how it was structured. I would be curious to see how it is set up and much is deferred. IMO I think a good amount ~$15MM is probably deferred over 5 years (getting $3MM from 2024-2028).

Also, the big question is... will Jimmy's Famous Seafood honor there offer of free crab cakes for life for Davis, Davis' kids, and their kids??

The East Baltimore restaurant posted on social media Thursday it would offer Davis (and the next two generations of Davises) free crabcakes if the slugger resigns with the Orioles.

"Dear Chris Davis, Please come back to the #Orioles. If you do, free #crabcakes for life. And your kids. And their kids," Jimmy's posted on its Instagram and Twitter accounts.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/dining/baltimore-diner-blog/bal-jimmys-famous-seafood-has-a-tasty-proposition-for-chris-davis-20151211-story.html

I think this may open up those trade talks again with the Rockies. We now have 2 first baseman in the minors with no position for the next 7 years. Maybe a trade with them was dependent on us signing Davis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This franchise needs pitching, Mancini and Walker make good bait for solid or better pitching prospects. They are studs and should fetch a handsome return. I'm sure most scouts rate them as jewels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This deal feels 2 years too long. The difference between 20 AAV and 23 AAV largely makes to no difference to me.

I like Crush. He's been great for us. Currently, we have spent a lot of money to bring back essentially the same team that went 81-81. We need Cespedes and Pfister. If we do that, I think we can contend for a championship.

C'mon DD. Go get Cespedes!

This franchise needs pitching, Mancini and Walker make good bait for solid or better pitching prospects. They are studs and should fetch a handsome return. I'm sure most scouts rate them as jewels

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would rep you if I thought this post was meant as sarcasm.

This is why we don't win World Series' and had 14 straight Losing Seasons. We come so close to actually being decent and not paying an ?ber ridiculous deal, and having Cespedes in Right to balance it out. But we resign Davis, bidding against ourselves. God, I hate being a fan of this team some days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reactions on this board are just like clockwork.

"The Orioles are cheap bastards. They just give token offers to say they did something!"

Orioles sign Davis to the richest contract in franchise history.

"The Orioles are morons for spending that much money!"

There were plenty of people on record preferring Cespedes or Upton to Davis and against signing Davis to more than $150M.

Archived