Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats, Peter, you've become even more of a laughingstock than you already are. Nobody else was going to give CD even remotely close to that money this year in this market. And you've failed to address the more important team need of corner outfield.

Just don't tell us that you won't sign pricey free agents anymore when CD underperforms late in the contract. This one is on you, PA, not us.

Is it possible that there's some type of clause protecting the club from another PED bust? I would hope that is in there.

Can't believe we folded and gave him more. I'm heartened by the fact that we are spending money, but think we could've done so much more wisely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Also, why did we even up the offer!? There wasn't even a rumor of another offer from any other team. It's great to see us finally sign a big contract but this is not the way. We just got played by Boras.

Exactly. I hate Boras but I hate PA even more for giving in to him when he shouldn't have had to.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chris Davis staying in Baltimore! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GeauxOrioles?src=hash">#GeauxOrioles</a></p>— Ben McDonald (@realbenmcdonald) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Is it possible that there's some type of clause protecting the club from another PED bust? I would hope that is in there.

Can't believe we folded and gave him more. I'm heartened by the fact that we are spending money, but think we could've done so much more wisely.

That's how I feel too. I'm glad we're willing to spend more than we have but think it could have been done more wisely. Just seems like a big risk with him two years removed from a PED suspension and hitting 196. Anyhow still need a pitcher and another outfielder would be nice.

Archived