Davis Signs With Baltimore (7/$161M, incl $42M deferred)

TonySoprano

What if Angelos just loves CD and we're still in the market for Cespedes? Let's wait until Spring Training before we all throw a hissy fit about other positions that needed addressing. I'm concerned too, but it's speculation that we are completely done with signings.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Davis gets full no-trade clause from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>. No opt-out in his deal.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

">January 16, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Man, I was just thinking yesterday how I wanted to commend the FO for how they played this negotiation. They came out quickly with a strong offer knowing they were taking advantage of how Boras likes to wait the market out. The leaked information made Davis/Boras to look like the bad guys not taking a good offer. They played it all perfectly until there are seemingly no other offers on the table and they UP theirs?!?!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Source: Davis gets full no-trade clause from <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a>. No opt-out in his deal.</p>— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) <a href="

Wow. Glad to have CD back. Now nobody can accuse Angelo's of being cheap for the next 7 years. Stupid perhaps bit not cheap. Being a leftypower hitter CD is the best immediate fit. With Trumbo at DH we have a killer lineup no matter who we get for RF. Don't like the dollars but if Abgelis is willing to pay its better Chris than nobody. Still concerned about the pitching but I guess Toronto is a precedent.

I appreciate your positivity! It is rare on this board right now. People act like it is there own money and there is no confirmation that we are done with signings yet. If we sign Cespedes everyone is going to have to awkwardly stop crying.

That's not a reason to support the signing. It's a reason to tell our FO they're idiots.

So let me get this right: DD bids against himself for Davis, pays 15 mm to Wieters and 9.5 mm to Trumbo, the insurance plan in case he didn't get Davis. Meanwhile we got no pitching. Well, at least someone else can get a bargain on the other bats.

We should change our mascot to the Albatross

per Heyman<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Breaking: Chris Davis is heading back to the Orioles. sides are in agreement.</p>? Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

So the Cespedes talk was just a ploy. Dammit. The FO had a good chance to

improve the team and they didnt do it. IMO. Now Trumbo will be the DH? That

will be an expensive DH. I really am disappointed. 161 million for CD. Wow. Seven years. Damn. What an organization. IMO

This has to be humbling for the genius on this site who said he'd come crawling back to the O's at much less than the original offer. Some people were predicting hed only get 100 million!!!

Does Boras ever lose? I really thought he misplayed the negotiation and the O's were doing the right thing to move on Cespedes or force him to drop his offer. The lesson is: Boras never loses.

Man, I like CD and wanted him back, but not for that. What a gross over-payment even if there is some serious money deferred. Good old Boras makes us look stupid again. Guess we'll hear about opt-outs and other contract clauses.

I said a few days ago I thought he'd sign here soon and we'd basically be looking at last years team with Chen out and Trumbo in. Still need to make more improvements. Hope something else is coming...

Archived