Austin Jackson anyone?

cnmilton

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I like Fowler too, but only if the Orioles decide to lose the 1st round pick on Gallardo. I don't think we should give up a 1st round pick on Fowler.

Disagree. Don't want to give up both the #14 pick and the #29 pick. Not for those two guys. The only way I would sign either is if the attached draft pick cost drives the AAV way down, ala Cruz. Even then, I wouldn't do it for just 1 year like the Cruz deal. If we could get Fowler at something like 3/$25, I could see justifying giving up the draft pick. I really don't think that is likely, though. And I don't think that there is any way that would happen with Gallardo.

Would prefer one of the left handed options that can play corner OF. Matt Joyce, followed by Will Venable and David Murphy. Granted none of them would have Jackson's defense.

No matter which way you cut it, it it's not Cespedes out there, it's a bunch of question marks in LF and RF like last year.

Would prefer one of the left handed options that can play corner OF. Matt Joyce, followed by Will Venable and David Murphy. Granted none of them would have Jackson's defense.

No matter which way you cut it, it it's not Cespedes out there, it's a bunch of question marks in LF and RF like last year.

Man, I really wish some team would hurry up and sign Venable. Every time I see his name mentioned, it is like fingernails on the chalkboard for me. I think he is done. He really tanked at Texas the second half last year. Don't want him. JMO.

I like Fowler too, but only if the Orioles decide to lose the 1st round pick on Gallardo. I don't think we should give up a 1st round pick on Fowler.

I'd rather have a non-pick solution in the OF, an in-house solution at SP, and two picks than Gallardo, Fowler, and a decimated 2015 draft. Not even close.

That's if you set the PA threshold high enough so that you exclude Reimold (.344), Wieters (.319), Snider (.318), and Clevenger (.314).

I just used what baseball reference uses. Not sure if you should include those guys, but if you do, he's still 7th on our team. 7 out of 25 players isn't too bad either.

I just used what baseball reference uses. Not sure if you should include those guys' date=' but if you do, he's still 7th on our team. 7 out of 25 players isn't too bad either.[/quote']

We are talking about OPS, right? I think that you meant to say 7 out of 13.

Archived