The AL East Moves So Far -- who has improved?

Frobby

That's a total cop-out and your well aware of it. Chen is not the only pitcher available. IF the great DD wouldn't have already unloaded 6 pitching prospects, in 3 years, he might have a few pieces to trade. It's called foresight. It is obvious to me, he works with very little.

I guess giving Chacin a minor league deal was too expensive too? Think about your support of him on this topic. So far, he has only signed Vance Worley to assist with starting pitching depth.....Not quite enough huh?

Not to mention the outfield situation is a band-aid AGAIN. It worked so well last year......

Its obvious that you are looking at things a certain way.

Kazmir was too much money.

Leake was too much money.

Price was too much money.

Name me one quality SP pitcher that signed for fair market value this off-season?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Name me one quality SP pitcher that signed for fair market value this off-season?

I am not arguing that fact at all, he certainly made the right call on those starters. HOWEVER, there are other ways to get a pitcher, other than free agency.

My point is this;

Every move you make as a GM takes time to see the outcome. His HUGE mistake last season with the outfield situation, caused this lack of pitching, in our organization. Holding onto Norris wasn't a "smart" GM move either.

**Duquette knew he had Chen going FA this year and Tilly and Gonzo next season. He also knew Bundy and Harvey aren't going to be able to contribute as a starter, in 2016 for sure and more than likely, 2017.**

-Yet he still traded 2 starting pitcher prospects for Snider. He could have certainly got as much production with a signing, then to give up 2 prospects. Regardless of how it turned out, it was near-sighted deal and cost us. He KNEW the cost of FA pitchers was crazy last season, did he think it was going down?

-Yet he still traded Davies for Parra, even after admitting that pitching was the issue. So NOW he has traded away 3 pitching prospects to fill a hole he could have filled the year before, with money and not alot of it. The problem was he was already paying 3-4 guys a few million each.

-NOT giving Gausman a starting spot and trading Norris (Big salary) (an outfielder perhaps?)

You do realize that he has traded 3 pitchers, in 2.5 years, that are starting in the big leagues this year or mid-year. All 3 of which, could easily be our #3?

Fast forward to now; There were 2-3 pitchers, he could have gotten on the cheap, that would make the light on the #5 spot, a bit brighter.

Off the top of my head;

Chacin, VERY successful in Colorado, but got hurt. Came back last year and pitched OK. - Minor League deal

Aj Griffin - Coming back on a minor league deal - Texas signed him

These were SUCCESSFUL pitchers in the big leagues that were cheap options. Risks? Yes, but low risk/high reward. They have the POTENTIAL to BE CHEN.

You do realize that he has traded 3 pitchers, in 2.5 years, that are starting in the big leagues this year. All 3 of which, could easily be our #3?

I was against the Davies trade, but if you are including him as someone who "could easily be our #3," I think that's premature. We'll see how he pans out in 2016. I don't think it is certain he will make the Brewers' rotation.

I was against the Davies trade, but if you are including him as someone who "could easily be our #3," I think that's premature. We'll see how he pans out in 2016. I don't think it is certain he will make the Brewers' rotation.

I agree it's premature, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have him in the mix. He was successful in limited action for the Brewers. His walk rate was high or he would have been VERY good.

Look at what Josh Tomlin got. And he's not even a FA!

I agree it's premature, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have him in the mix. He was successful in limited action for the Brewers. His walk rate was high or he would have been VERY good.

I like Davies, and as I said, I didn't like the Parra trade. I just think you overstated the case a bit. I wish he was still in our organization fighting for a rotation spot.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">More on L.J. Hoes and Kevin Gausman's third pitch - School of Roch: The Orioles' decision yesterday to design... <a href="https://t.co/zfOA3f599d">https://t.co/zfOA3f599d</a></p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived