TT: Something to consider when talking about Hyun Soo Kim

Tony-OH

The problem with Kim isn't his contract. It's this front offices inability to shore up the remaining OF spot. Yes, Fowler reneged. But waiting this late into the offseason and being held hostage is a crap way to do business. Now we are very much in a scenario where Kim could be our Travis Snider and we have the other barrage of OF filler to fix the other spot.

It's very possible we have 2 gaping holes in the offense this year. Just like last year.

Two? Don't you mean three?

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow still no hits. I'm more worried for him mentally. I hope he doesn't let this ruin his first couple months of his career.

Hopefully, he'll consult with other KBO hitters who have made the transition successfully. But I'm with you, I hope he's not getting too down on himself. I imagine Buck (or one of the veterans) may have some calming talk with him if he hasn't already.

Hello; first time looking at the thread. Is this where we collectively dump on Kim?

The problem with Kim isn't his contract. It's this front offices inability to shore up the remaining OF spot. Yes, Fowler reneged. But waiting this late into the offseason and being held hostage is a crap way to do business. Now we are very much in a scenario where Kim could be our Travis Snider and we have the other barrage of OF filler to fix the other spot.

It's very possible we have 2 gaping holes in the offense this year. Just like last year.

The hostage-holding is long gone by now. I'm worried that the front office actually believes the in-house options are/were best. Guys who could have helped shore up the OF mess took minor league deals elsewhere.

Hello; first time looking at the thread. Is this where we collectively dump on Kim?

The hostage-holding is long gone by now. I'm worried that the front office actually believes the in-house options are/were best. Guys who could have helped shore up the OF mess took minor league deals elsewhere.

I strongly believe they attempted to sign Dexter Fowler.

Alvarez isn't very good. I don't know why people think that just because you can throw a baseball well, that means you're a great baseball player. It's one individual skill. And he can't hit.

If they seriously stick with this disaster of a RF situation without any additions I don't think I can watch any games this year. It's too stressful to go through.

Im actually kind of excited to see what Rickard can do.

Archived