If no starter upgrade: eight man bullpen?

Frobby

The fact we are talking about this means DD isn't doing his job. Pitching is primatily(not entirely)why we didn't make the playoffs last year.

He is "amazed" at the cost of starting pitching. Really? Many of us aren't hence we objected to you trading away our options in the minors.

I don't think DD is awful but he sure does get a huge pass on here. Hold people accountable.

Passing on Fister when he only required one year is puzzling. Maybe they know something, fair enough, but discussing these other options seem bordering on pathetic.

I really don't think he's shocked at all. I think his continued use of the word "staggering" (isn't that the word he keeps using in interviews?) is completely negotiation tactics.

He is so precise in his wording all the time, and you can tell by how he repeats the same words/phrases no matter who he's talking to about a particular subject, I think.

Yeah, different folks look at things differently. There are none of us here who know the inner workings well enough to really judge. As I have said before, I expect Dan to leave in 2019 and his job is much more secure than many GMs.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, different folks look at things differently. There are none of us here who know the inner workings well enough to really judge. As I have said before, I expect Dan to leave in 2019 and his job is much more secure than many GMs.

I honestly believe the business strategy is to just not suck. I like it, but don't pin your hopes on a championship.

I honestly believe the business strategy is to just not suck.

I can see why you might think that. But I truly believe that they are doing the best they can with what they have. More winning nights than any other team the last four seasons.

I can see why you might think that. But I truly believe that they are doing the best they can with what they have. More winning nights than any other team the last four seasons.

In the AL. But I don't think that stat is very indicative of the current state of the team.

Who is Navarro? Rey?

A little oddly (I think), his career batting average and OBP have gradually gone up at the 3 highest levels of the minors.

Advanced-A: .. .255 (BA) ... .294 (OBP)

AA: OOOOOOo.. .268 (BA) ... .317 (OBP)

AAA: OOOOOo.. .277 (BA) ... .332 (OBP)

Maybe if he gets some significant playing time in the Majors, he'll bat .288 with an OBP of .345.

• 1 month later...
Excellent thread/topic.

As I stated in another thread, Joey Rickard's Spring Training emergence on both offense and defense is making it difficult to not carry 5 outfielders when the team heads north in 2 weeks, which means that it is less likely that the Orioles will be able to start the season with an 8-man bullpen.

If the seventh man in the pen has options like Wilson, Wright, McFarland, Drake or Despaigne they can bring them up and down when ever they need them. The need for that flexibility makes it hard to carry Roe or Worley who are out of options.

If the seventh man in the pen has options like Wilson, Wright, McFarland, Drake or Despaigne they can bring them up and down when ever they need them. The need for that flexibility makes it hard to carry Roe or Worley who are out of options.

I think Roe is an afterthought to most but he might be a valuable piece, what are your thoughts on Roe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived