If no starter upgrade: eight man bullpen?

Frobby

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Buck Showalter on Joey Rickard's spring. <br>“What else do you want him to do?” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/OriolesTalk?src=hash">#OriolesTalk</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="
">March 23, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Would be nice if he could pitch.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Roch quoted Buck in his blog today that he will start the season with 13 pitchers on the opening day roster.

That leaves 3 spots for utility fielders. Caleb Joseph and Ryan Flaherty are two. Does that mean Reimold is out? Rickard (Lord, I hope not)? Neither is injured so they can't start on the DL. Neither can be optioned. Or could it be Kim who is in trouble???

For me, it's easy to say Rickard stays. Will it be easy for Buck?

Roch corrected himself. Showalter indicted again that he's going with 12 pitchers on opening day. Not 13.

When will the Norfolk shuttle start? April 10th?

Probably, but why not use the shuttle to regularly fill the 5th starter spot. You have Wilson, Wright, Despaigne all there.

Just pull one when you need a 5th starter and then send him back down after. With 3 guys sharing the 10 day stay shouldn't hurt you.

If Gausman misses his first start, go with Worley-Bundy combo for his start.

Four starters and 8 man pen (Gonzo to pen as long man w/Worley).

Quote for Roch: 13 pitchers is unlikley.

"Yesterday's blog included eight entries and at least one significant typo. I got it right in a tweet, but messed up here.

Showalter indicted again that he's going with 12 pitchers on opening day. Not 13.

Sorry for the confusion. It's still spring training for me, too."

If Rickard doesn't stay, there will be a coup!

Reimold doesn't deserve a spot.

There you go. 13 pitchers. I think you have to at this point with this staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My faith is in Buck and DD to know more about baseball and who belongs on the 25 man roster. :)

I think that is naive. Nobody is flawless. But yes, they are generally more knowledgeable than us serfs:)

Flawless is right, they are not, but they are getting the job done in the AL, at least they have been doing it.

I think the roster decisions are pretty much set, but I expect to see allot of drama in OH, over the last couple of roster spots, as everybody has their own ideas on who belongs and doesn't belong.

Flawless is right, they are not, but they are getting the job done in the AL, at least they have been doing it.

I think the roster decisions are pretty much set, but I expect to see allot of drama in OH, over the last couple of roster spots, as everybody has their own ideas on who belongs and doesn't belong.

No one is flawless. And there was nothing wrong with your post. You just got in the way of an agenda. Are Buck and Dan better than other GM's and Managers? A whole other subject. Are they better than me and you? You betcha.

Archived