Latos to White Sox

TheBee

Typical Weams

If that is a criticism, I don't get it. I started this thread with the comment that it looked like a potentially low risk high reward deal for the Sox, have been posting that Latos might be a good option for a long time, and even I can't argue with what he said. Latos finished last year in brutal fashion, is a bad body guy, has a bit of a bad rep - deserved or not, had some knee problems, there are still some other low risk / high reward guys left, and I do think the Orioles are probably looking at multiple other options.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If that is a criticism, I don't get it. I started this thread with the comment that it looked like a potentially low risk high reward deal for the Sox, have been posting that Latos might be a good option for a long time, and I can't argue with what he said. Latos finished last year in brutal fashion, is a bad body guy, has a bit of a bad rep - deserved or not, had some knee problems, there are still some other low risk / high reward guys left, and I do think the Orioles are probably looking at multiple other options.
I really have no insight.

It was reported early on that he was very concerned about the Orioles' physical examination. Sounds like he just cut off any negotiations with Baltimore. Takes two to tango.

Which is a gigantic red flag. Better for both parties to avoid a Grant Balfour situation. I have no problem with DD passing on Latos. I just don't want to end up losing the pick for Gallardo.

Thank you sir. He gets way too much of a benefit of the doubt IMO.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Latos gets 100K for MVP, Cy Young and WS MVP. All 3 and he gets 300K incentives and is officially the biggest bargain in MLB</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) <a href="

">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived