Austin Jackson or Pedro Alvarez? ( Jackson Signs in Chicago)

mskrulz

What do O's do after getting spurned by Fowler?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. What do O's do after getting spurned by Fowler?

• Sign Alvarez
    • Sign Jackson
    • Roll with what we got

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I see Jackson's WAR for 2015 as 1.7. Am I wrong? And was it all based on playing center? Wasn't his OPS in the sixes?

Fowler really screwed us. Frustrating.

I read this AM that both the Blue Jays and White Sox are both still interested in Bruce as well. That cannot be good.

Fowler really screwed us. Frustrating.

I read this AM that both the Blue Jays and White Sox are both still interested in Bruce as well. That cannot be good.

Do you think that we missed on someone else because of Fowler?

Not sure what you mean. I don't think so..

Well that is the only way we could have been screwed by it. The more I think about it. The more I am happy to have a first round pick. And the money for all the other picks if we use it that way.

Well that is the only way we could have been screwed by it. The more I think about it. The more I am happy to have a first round pick. And the money for all the other picks if we use it that way.

Not me. I wanted Fowler and his speed and OBP. I would have easily given up the pick for that.

No. That is an indictment of his team's offense. Not him. A statistical anomaly.

Chris Davis had Plate Appearances 43% of the time with runners on base and hit the aforementioned 24 Homeruns

Pedro Alvarez had Plate Appearances 45% of the time with runners on base and hit only 5 Homeruns.

Now given that 7% of Davis plate appearances were home-runs and only 5.4 % of Pedro's ended up in home-runs may make things statistically different But the home-runs should have been a bit closer as to home-runs hit with runners on since Pedro actually had more PA's to do so percentage wise.

The numbers should have been closer to a 15 when empty and 12 when runners on base. (Adam Jones Number with the same total of home-runs)

Chris Davis had Plate Appearances 43% of the time with runners on base and hit the aforementioned 24 Homeruns

Pedro Alvarez had Plate Appearances 45% of the time with runners on base and hit only 5 Homeruns.

Now given that 7% of Davis plate appearances were home-runs and only 5.4 % of Pedro's ended up in home-runs may make things statistically different But the home-runs should have been a bit closer as to home-runs hit with runners on since Pedro actually had more PA's to do so percentage wise.

The numbers should have been closer to a 15 when empty and 12 when runners on base.

What about career data please?

The numbers should have been closer to a 15 when empty and 12 when runners on base.

Way too small a sample to draw any conclusion other than the National League has less offense across the board.

I have to go with Austin Jackson. He provides that lead-off bat and an instant plug-in should AJ get injured or needs a few games off. I'm also intrigued that he may be a prime "bounce back" candidate as he has done nothing but play in pitcher friendly ballparks. Still pretty young and he doesn't cost a pick or prospect. Give him 2/20 and call it a day.

I have to go with Austin Jackson. He provides that lead-off bat and an instant plug-in should AJ get injured or needs a few games off. I'm also intrigued that he may be a prime "bounce back" candidate as he has done nothing but play in pitcher friendly ballparks. Still pretty young and he doesn't cost a pick or prospect. Give him 2/20 and call it a day.

2/20 would be a ridiculous overpay for a guy like him who has drawn up no interest whatsoever on the free agent market and still doesn't have a deal going into March. He's going to have to settle for a 1/7 or 1/8 type of deal. I could swallow 2/12.

Archived