Rickard?

WarehouseChatter

He'll have to be really bad not to make it out of ST.

My guess is that a healthy Rickard is almost a lock to make the team. He'll fill the Lough role as pinch runner, defensive replacement, and get the occasional spot start. May get a more extensive look if/when Reimold or others get hurt, or if he has a hot start.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My guess is that a healthy Rickard is almost a lock to make the team. He'll fill the Lough role as pinch runner, defensive replacement, and get the occasional spot start. May get a more extensive look if/when Reimold or others get hurt, or if he has a hot start.

:agree: This is pretty much how I see it. As Gordo said, Rickard would have to play very poorly in Florida to be offered back to TB, IMO.

Well, there are two knocks on Rickard: 1. He's unproven; and, 2. He doesn't hit home runs. Seeing as how we need him to pinch run and be a defensive replacement, plus the fact that we don't even need home runs out of him... well, I'm glad we have him. Can't wait to see what he can do. He's like a David Lough (maybe better?) who doesn't try to get all muscley.

I hope he does make the team. I don't get all the love for Nolan. Poor guy can't

stay healthy.

Not against you in particular BUT this "Can't stay Healthy" mantra has been beat to death.

He had an Achilles tear that he played to long with in the beginning and tried to come back to soon after the team elected to play him through the year.

He played a ball in the stands and messed up his neck which took TWO surgeries to correct because the first one was botched yet this is his fault.

We have no one stating that Wieters can't stay healthy.

We have no one stating that Adam Jones can't complete two seasons in row.

We have no one saying Machado is an accident waiting to happen because of his knee issues.

We have no one stating that Schoop should be traded because he has had injury issues the past two years.

Yet it gets repeated day after day that Reimold can't stay healthy. DOUBLE STANDARD.

Not against you in particular BUT this "Can't stay Healthy" mantra has been beat to death.

He had an Achilles tear that he played to long with in the beginning and tried to come back to soon after the team elected to play him through the year.

He played a ball in the stands and messed up his neck which took TWO surgeries to correct because the first one was botched yet this is his fault.

We have no one stating that Wieters can't stay healthy.

We have no one stating that Adam Jones can't complete two seasons in row.

We have no one saying Machado is an accident waiting to happen because of his knee issues.

We have no one stating that Schoop should be traded because he has had injury issues the past two years.

Yet it gets repeated day after day that Reimold can't stay healthy. DOUBLE STANDARD.

Facts are that Nolan Reimold has been a professional ballplayer for 10 years and has played 940 games, or 94 games per season. A minor league schedule is about 140 games, a major league schedule 162. We'll average the two to give him the benefit of the doubt, so we'll say an opportunity to play 151 X 10 = 1510 games. He's played in about 62% of his teams' games since turning pro in 2006. He's never played 140 games in a season.

Matt Wieters is a catcher who is naturally rested much more than an outfielder, and he had a major injury that led to over a year on the DL. Yet he's played in 932 of an approximate 1274 potential games, or 73%.

When you play substantially less than a catcher who's had Tommy John surgery you might get labeled injury prone.

o

I just looked at Rickard's 2015 season, and it reminded me of Kyle Hudson's 2011 season.

Hudson started 2011 at Advanced-A, then was promoted to AA, then to AAA, then to the Major Leagues.

Last year Rickard did the same, minus the final step (the Major Leagues.)

Facts are that Nolan Reimold has been a professional ballplayer for 10 years and has played 940 games, or 94 games per season. A minor league schedule is about 140 games, a major league schedule 162. We'll average the two to give him the benefit of the doubt, so we'll say an opportunity to play 151 X 10 = 1510 games. He's played in about 62% of his teams' games since turning pro in 2006. He's never played 140 games in a season.

Matt Wieters is a catcher who is naturally rested much more than an outfielder, and he had a major injury that led to over a year on the DL. Yet he's played in 932 of an approximate 1274 potential games, or 73%.

When you play substantially less than a catcher who's had Tommy John surgery you might get labeled injury prone.

So being on the roster and not injured does not count??? On the roster in 2015 for 105 Games/played in 61 games. 44 Games not injured but not used makes him injury prone???

You want to allow the days off for Matt Wieters but not for Nolan Reimold, interesting double standard.

In 2014 he played for both Toronto and Arizona. Suited up for 63 games and played in 29 Games. His fault for not playing in 34 games, I do not think so. Also the five games for reporting to a new team when traded a guess was his fault in not playing in those games.

So being on the roster and not injured does not count??? On the roster in 2015 for 105 Games/played in 61 games. 44 Games not injured but not used makes him injury prone???

You want to allow the days off for Matt Wieters but not for Nolan Reimold, interesting double standard.

In 2014 he played for both Toronto and Arizona. Suited up for 63 games and played in 29 Games. His fault for not playing in 34 games, I do not think so. Also the five games for reporting to a new team when traded a guess was his fault in not playing in those games.

If you really, really need to feel that Nolan Reimold is basically a healthy player I'm not going to stand in your way.

If you really, really need to feel that Nolan Reimold is basically a healthy player I'm not going to stand in your way.

I have issue with the "Often Injured" line associated with him when in fact he had two key injuries. The last one was the "Broken Vertebrae" that required Two surgeries over TWO years to repair. Those two years were wasted on his overall ability to play or get on the field.

Most players would have given up and continued on with their respective lives. He decided to pursue a MLB career. Over the past two years since being cleared from the two surgeries he has been less "Often Injured" than have Matt Wieters, J J Hardy, Jonathan Schoop, Manny Machado,or Adam Jones

I have issue with the "Often Injured" line associated with him when in fact he had two key injuries. The last one was the "Broken Vertebrae" that required Two surgeries over TWO years to repair. Those two years were wasted on his overall ability to play or get on the field.

Most players would have given up and continued on with their respective lives. He decided to pursue a MLB career. Over the past two years since being cleared from the two surgeries he has been less "Often Injured" than have Matt Wieters, J J Hardy, Jonathan Schoop, Manny Machado,or Adam Jones

Yeah, I think that this is somewhat similar to projecting a player's performance on his most recent body of work, rather than on his entire career.

Over his last two seasons, Reimold has had one 15-day DL stint for a strained calf muscle in 2014.

And no DL stints for 2015.

That's a relatively healthy track record for his most recent seasons (2014 and 2015.)

In addition to the two injuries you mentioned, Reimold suffered several injuries in the minors, including as I recall a long bout with plantar fasciitis and an oblique injury. I think it is very fair to say he has often been injured. He was healthy last year, and let's hope it continues.

You also seem to suggest that posters are "blaming" him for his injuries. I don't think that's the case.

Well, there are two knocks on Rickard: 1. He's unproven; and, 2. He doesn't hit home runs. Seeing as how we need him to pinch run and be a defensive replacement, plus the fact that we don't even need home runs out of him... well, I'm glad we have him. Can't wait to see what he can do. He's like a David Lough (maybe better?) who doesn't try to get all muscley.

He doesn't hit HR's should be a good thing, as we need OBP guys. If he gets really hot, he could be the guy we're looking for at the top of the lineup

Sent from Neverneverland using James Hetfield's voice

Archived