The last Oriole SP to throw 200 IP that was drafted by the Orioles

Dark Helmet

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unless I'm missing someone, the last SP that was drafted and developed by the Orioles to pitch 200 innings was Mike Mussina in 2000? It's really been 15 years since the Orioles drafted a guy that managed 200 innings?

Might as well have drafted Chris Tillman. Certainly developed him the whole way.

I mean, before that it was Ben McDonald in 1993. and before that Bob Milacki/Jeff Ballard in '89.

I think it just doesn't happen very often in general.

I guess. But I would have thought with the high picks, they could have drafted atleast one that did it during the rough years.

I guess. But I would have thought with the high picks, they could have drafted atleast one that did it during the rough years.

Picks weren't high enough. Needed to be the worst team. Not one of the five to ten worst.

Daniel Cabrera did it in 2007. He wasn't drafted, but signed as an international amateur.

Also, what's your point? Yeah , we've had trouble developing SP. This is nothing groundbreaking.

Ok. No need for the snark remark. Am I not allowed to discuss the topic?

Sidney Ponson did too. But again he doesn't meet that important criteria of being drafted. Just a guy we signed as an amateur.

Again, if all your going to do is add smart ass comments to the thread, then save yourself the trouble and don't respond.

Sidney Ponson did too. But again he doesn't meet that important criteria of being drafted. Just a guy we signed as an amateur.

And that kind of adds to my point. The Orioles have been more successful signing amateur FA then they have drafting SP. Why is that? I find it pretty interesting.

Archived