Orioles interested in Shields?

paulcoates

Back in autumn 2012 it was reported that the Orioles had reached out to the Marlins about acquiring Stanton, but the Marlins wanted Bundy or Gausman, so the Orioles said forget it.

Personally, I will always take the established big leaguer who can help you win now over a prospect that may or may not ever be as good as the guy you're getting. Stewart may never even make it to the majors for all we know, so this would be an easy one for me. It's not like he's a true top prospect on the verge of getting to Baltimore. He didn't even make John Sickels' top 175.

Great post sir! Thanks for taking your time to write this.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How is it selling high by trading a guy after he just posted a .633 OPS in short-season ball? What are you expecting back in this trade? What would your Nationals give up for him?

Cute. No need to throw insults at me. You know I am an O's fan first.

I am done discussing this with you.

Back in autumn 2012 it was reported that the Orioles had reached out to the Marlins about acquiring Stanton, but the Marlins wanted Bundy or Gausman, so the Orioles said forget it.

Personally, I will always take the established big leaguer who can help you win now over a prospect that may or may not ever be as good as the guy you're getting.

Always? Doesn't that mean you'll always have an unmanageable payroll and miss out on many high-end prospects?

Do you remember the talk of trading Manny, still in AA, for Cliff Lee or Greinke or whomever? Or Schoop for help in '13? Do a search and you can find gems like proposals for Arrieta, Schoop, Davis, Avery, and prospects for Roy Halladay.

Always? Doesn't that mean you'll always have an unmanageable payroll and miss out on many high-end prospects?

Do you remember the talk of trading Manny, still in AA, for Cliff Lee or Greinke or whomever? Or Schoop for help in '13? Do a search and you can find gems like proposals for Arrieta, Schoop, Davis, Avery, and prospects for Roy Halladay.

That because there is a big fan base in MLB that likes to sit around and talk trade, no matter how crazy they are, almost like when we were kids, and we were trading baseball cards with each other. Dang, I wish I still had some of those silly cards. LOL

Personally, I will always take the established big leaguer who can help you win now over a prospect that may or may not ever be as good as the guy you're getting. Stewart may never even make it to the majors for all we know, so this would be an easy one for me. It's not like he's a true top prospect on the verge of getting to Baltimore. He didn't even make John Sickels' top 175.

So that puts an end to all complaints about trading Arrieta, ERos, and Davies, right?

I would have held onto Erik Bedard as well. This club needs a front line starter bad.

Archived