RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

xian4

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Also, why wouldn't you keep Despaigne's turn in the rotation in Norfolk? Calling him up early and out of rhythm to start would be idiotic.

So guessing long relief because McFarland has been a disaster.

Duensing hasn't showed much either.

Like Frobby said you don't call him up to start him in a couple of days. Has to mean Wright faces Jays again unless Worley gets a shot. This could go many different ways.
I think Gallardo will be starting Saturday.

Despaigne is listed as pitching tonight for the Tides. They could bump him one day and have him take Tyler Wilson's spot in the rotation. I had thought they might skip Wilson but he is currently listed for Wed. Then again, I had thought they might send Wilson down and go with Gausman on Wed. because the offday would allow them to go with 4 guys this week.

Bringing him up just to pitch in the bullpen for a couple days does not make much sense either given that they just had an off day and everybody is fresh. Especially since Ubaldo is likely headed to the bullpen now that Gallardo appears to be ready.

He has not. I still don't know what Oliver Drake did not to be called up. The O's can't afford to have Duensing on the roster. A LOOGY is a luxury for a team with at least average starting pitching.

I wish we had a good LOOGY.

Despaigne is listed as pitching tonight for the Tides. They could bump him one day and have him take Tyler Wilson's spot in the rotation. I had thought they might skip Wilson but he is currently listed for Wed. Then again, I had thought they might send Wilson down and go with Gausman on Wed. because the offday would allow them to go with 4 guys this week.

Bringing him up just to pitch in the bullpen for a couple days does not make much sense either given that they just had an off day and everybody is fresh. Especially since Ubaldo is likely headed to the bullpen now that Gallardo appears to be ready.

I go back to my point that guys like Duensing and TJ in this stretch aren't very valuable right now. Boston has Ortiz, Bradley and Shaw as left handed hitters. The RHH scare me more.

Worley pitched 4 innings Sunday, I doubt they want to use him today. I see the need for a righty long man.

Archived