RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

xian4

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ubaldo maybe since they didn't immediately announce the corresponding roster move??

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Maybe Ubaldo has agreed to go to the minors. That would be good for him and also for the team. I don't think that anyone will claim him on waivers because then, they would have to pay that big contract.

Maybe Ubaldo has agreed to go to the minors. That would be good for him and also for the team. I don't think that anyone will claim him on waivers because then, they would have to pay that big contract.

I don't think the O's have to "worry" about someone claiming him.

My guess is McFarland down. The Red Sox have a pretty heavy right-handed hitting lineup, so his value would be limited, plus he pitched 2 days in a row and might not be available for a couple days anyway.

Despaigne would give them another long relief option in Boston.

Could be. Despaigne last pitched on June 8. If he's not starting tonight, there's no reason to call him up today other than to have him available for long relief.

Nothing formal yet from the team, maybe this is a leak, and the team isn't going to announce until tomorrow?

If he is up for Ubaldo, then he will throw on Saturday.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/06/orioles-recalling-odrisamer-despaigne.html

The Orioles are preparing to make a roster move this afternoon that influences their pitching staff. In what way will be revealed later. Right-hander Odrisamer Despaigne left Triple-A Norfolk last night and joined the Orioles in Boston, according to sources. Whether he’s being inserted into the bullpen or rotation is unknown, but he’s no longer with the Tides, who were playing last night in Charlotte.

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2016/06/orioles-recalling-odrisamer-despaigne.html' rel="external nofollow">

Archived