RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

xian4

Worley pitched 4 innings Sunday, I doubt they want to use him today. I see the need for a righty long man.

Possibly. But Bundy should be available today. The odds of needing Despaigne today are pretty low, with Tillman pitching. Maybe he is insurance to back up Wilson tomorrow?

If TJ goes down, wouldn't they lose him for 10 days. Not sure they would want to do that and leave us with only Duensing against LHBs.

If Despaigne is joining the bullpen, I wonder if that means either they found an injury to DL Ubaldo, or they have a handshake with him to go to Norfolk.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We know Gallardo is coming back for someone. No way is Ubaldo starting this week anyway, of course he could still be viewed as a starter.

It can't be Wilson he is scheduled tomorrow. TJ and Duensing are on card.

So either Worley to DL, Ubaldo is gone or Wright to AAA.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Orioles have placed RHP Vance Worley on 15-day disabled list with a right groin strain (retroactive to June 13).</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Os announce RHP Vance Worley placed on the 15-day DL w a right groin strain. Sooo, anticipated drama halted. Despaigne takes Worley's spot</p>— Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="

">June 14, 2016</a></blockquote> <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's too bad for Worley. He was on the verge of cracking the rotation.

I'd pitch Gausman tomorrow to line him up with Texas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they pitch Wilson that game they can option him to AAA and recall him back to pitch in June 25 to pitch one of the DH games. That way they can take advantage of that game and keep an extra arm around for awhile. Then Wilson could comeback again when they need a 5th starter again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vanimal first felt groin hurt on Sunday when facing Michael Saunders. Thinks he'll be ready to go in 15 days. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>— Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Vanimal first felt groin hurt on Sunday when facing Michael Saunders. Thinks he'll be ready to go in 15 days. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Orioles?src=hash">#Orioles</a></p>? Rich Dubroff (@RichDubroffCSN) <a href="

Not ripping Vanimal but if I had a dollar for every player that says they can be back in 15 days I could retire.

Archived