RHP Odrisamer Despaigne

xian4

o

Despaigne entered the game with the bases loaded and nobody out in the 3rd inning.

9 OUTS: 2 Strikeouts, 2 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 2 Popouts, 1 Foulout, 1 Flyout

ODRISAMER DESPAIGNE ORUE oo (vs. ASTROS, 8/20)

IP:l 3 - PLUS

H:;; 5 ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 3 Singles)

R:l) 4

BB:)2

SO:)2

Pitches: 71 (44 Strikes, 27 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.60

PITCHES BY INNING

51 (41 Strikes, 11 Balls)

33 (18 Strikes, 15 Balls)

22 (14 Strikes, 81 Balls)

11 (81 Strikes, 31 Balls) *

* Despaigne did not record any outs before departing in the 6th inning.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wright pitched Friday. Buck said we needed Despaigne to go longer and he couldn't. Not exactly a ringing endorsement

I love Buck but that comment seems like throwing Despaigne under the bus. I did not see the 6th but he was decent up to that point. Tillman was the one who gave up 6 runs in 2 innings. And it was the organization's decision to start Tillman when he clearly wasn't ready. That should have been a rehab start in Norfolk.

Wright pitched Friday. Buck said we needed Despaigne to go longer, and he couldn't. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

I love Buck, but that comment seems like throwing Despaigne under the bus. I did not see the 6th but he was decent up to that point. Tillman was the one who gave up 6 runs in 2 innings. And it was the organization's decision to start Tillman when he clearly wasn't ready. That should have been a rehab start in Norfolk.

I think so, too.

He entered the game with the bases loaded and nobody out, and minimized the damage by letting only 1 of those 3 inherited runners score ........ and then pitched 2 more shutout innings before faltering in the 6th.

o

4 shutout innings out of the bullpen.

0 hits.

Retired 12 out of the 13 batters that he faced (allowing only 1 walk in his 4th and final inning of work.)

12 OUTS: 5 Strikeouts, 3 Groundouts, 3 Flyouts, 1 Foulout

ODRISAMER DESPAIGNE ORUE oo (vs. AAA-Rochester, 8/24)

IP:l 4

H:;; 0 ll

R:l) 0

BB:)1

SO:)5

Pitches: 59 (37 Strikes, 22 Balls)

2016 ERA: 3.30 (AAA-Norfolk)

PITCHES BY INNING

15 (10 Strikes, 5 Balls)

15 (10 Strikes, 5 Balls)

11 (71 Strikes, 4 Balls)

18 (10 Strikes, 8 Balls)