Woo hoo! Fangraphs says our rotation is only 3rd worst in MLB!

Frobby

I honestly think too much emphasis is being placed on our rotation. If we get a strong bullpen again this year, that will negate a lot of struggles.

I couldn't disagree more. We had a great bullpen last year, but we struggled to reach .500 because the starters lost too many games before we ever got to the bullpen. We were 11th out of 15 teams in save opportunities. By contrast, in 2014 we were first. That's pretty much the whole difference between those two seasons, in terms of our W-L. If our starters don't do significantly better than last year, we'll be an also ran. It's really that simple.

I couldn't disagree more. We had a great bullpen last year, but we struggled to reach .500 because the starters lost too many games before we ever got to the bullpen. We were 11th out of 15 teams in save opportunities. By contrast, in 2014 we were first. That's pretty much the whole difference between those two seasons, in terms of our W-L. If our starters don't do significantly better than last year, we'll be an also ran. It's really that simple.

This. Thsi team will go only as far as this rotation takes them. We can have the best bullpen on the planet but if you are always down by the 6th inning it makes it real tough to win ball games.

Archived