It's here! It's Opening Day!

weams

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was not raining when the Orioles had their first rain delay. They should have been playing. This game will have to be replayed if they cant get five innings in right?

What does the grounds crew have to do with any of that? They don't make the decision. They just put the tarp on the field when called.

I am so ticked off right now. Tillman was pitching fantastic. The Orioles grounds crew sure screwed up. It makes me so mad.
It was not raining when the Orioles had their first rain delay. They should have been playing. This game will have to be replayed if they cant get five innings in right?

They will get it in. Looks like this band will pass over soon and then it will clear up. The question is whether Tillman will pitch again or if they will go to Worley/Wilson. I hate it when managers bring out the starting pitcher after a delay, but they only got through 2.

Who makes the decisions to delay the game, and then ultimately start them? I'm not a meteorologist by any means, but i was able to look at the radar when they started the game at 4:45 and see that it was going to rain harder soon after they started. I just don't get why they didn't hold off until the rain completely moved out. The forecast all day said rain from like 3:00ish to 7:00ish.

Who makes the decisions to delay the game, and then ultimately start them? I'm not a meteorologist by any means, but i was able to look at the radar when they started the game at 4:45 and see that it was going to rain harder soon after they started. I just don't get why they didn't hold off until the rain completely moved out. The forecast all day said rain from like 3:00ish to 7:00ish.

Or start the game and let the starters go 4 or 5 innings possibly before the delay. Just bonehead decision making no matter what excuses are given for it.

Or start the game and let the starters go 4 or 5 innings possibly before the delay. Just bonehead decision making no matter what excuses are given for it.

Meteorology is not an exact science. What if they had started the game on time and then it started raining 10 minutes later?

They could have gotten five or six innings in if they had started on time. I had to say f it after the second delay not knowing if or when they would restart and went home. Never seen a rain delay situation handled so horribly and a shame its on the one time in 27 years as a fan that I am able to make it up there for opening day.

Meteorology is not an exact science. What if they had started the game on time and then it started raining 10 minutes later?

Well, I must say that if a weather man cant tell rain is only 10 mins away he is in his own special class of awful.

I can buy the "lets delay the start" decision but I cannot understand why they started the game at 4:45. I initially heard people in the stadium saying 5:30 would be game time but never saw that anywhere official. That would have given allowed rain to start and let the teams save starters.

Not the best situation and hindsight is always 20/20...but they screwed up big time by not starting at 3:05. I have no idea who saw what on radar especially because it looked exactly the same at 3:05 as it did at 4:45 only it was a 2nd band.

At 3:00 it looked like rain was close, so I understood the decision. A "dry" area then developed and it didn't really do much over the city, so I think they must have thought the entire system would do the same. It was pretty evident that was not going to happen though... And again, I'm not a meteorologist, so im confused whose opinion they were relying on at 4:45, because it was clear as day it was going to pour. Just made zero sense.

At least we won!

At 3:00 it looked like rain was close, so I understood the decision. A "dry" area then developed and it didn't really do much over the city, so I think they must have thought the entire system would do the same. It was pretty evident that was not going to happen though... And again, I'm not a meteorologist, so im confused whose opinion they were relying on at 4:45, because it was clear as day it was going to pour. Just made zero sense.

At least we won!

Just win, baby! The rest is footnotes. I was frustrated and angry at 3:50 pm, pretty damned happy at 8:50 pm.

Archived