Thank You, Matthew Richard Wieters

OFFNY

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's hard to argue that. Timely HR by Wieters last night but Boston's offense trounces the Orioles and the rest of the A.L. in every major category, except HR

Unfortunately for Boston, they have to play half their games away from Fenway. In road games only, Boston is first in the AL in BA, but only third in OPS and fourth in slugging. They are eighth in runs scored, in fewer road games than most teams; they've scored 4.68 runs per game on the road, fewer than the Orioles' 4.94. No doubt it's a very good offense right now, but I continue to be more concerned about Toronto even though the Jays seem very focused on proving me wrong.

Much of what is going on with these numbers is that most of the Sox's recent offensive explosion occurred while they've been at home, and maybe it will continue after they leave. But I don't see them mashing anything like this over the course of the season.

Matt Wieters is definitely my favorite player on this team and that's saying something because I'm pretty fond of Jones, Tillman, Schoop, Hardy, etc. Being perfectly honest it makes it that much sweeter seeing him do well cause the dude is and has always been under as much scrutiny as any player on this squad....from the day he arrived! Seems like a consummate team guy to me. Glad he's our catcher...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Matt Wieters is definitely my favorite player on this team and that's saying something because I'm pretty fond of Jones, Tillman, Schoop, Hardy, etc. Being perfectly honest, it makes it that much sweeter seeing him do well cause the dude is and has always been under as much scrutiny as any player on this squad....from the day he arrived! Seems like a consummate team guy to me. Glad he's our catcher...

That's for sure.

I was at Wieters' first game ever against the Tigers, in 2009. The very first play in the top of the 1st inning ??? A bunt attempt by the Tigers' lead-off batter, which Wieters fielded and threw out.

They've been testing this guy since the first play of his Major League career.

• 2 weeks later...
matt probably will get a better offer than we will give him next year,and im sure the tj surgery was very crushing for him...but he's always been a solid oriole.i think we need him back, and i didnt before. I just dont think he will be back.

101 mph.

Matt probably will get a better offer than we will give him next year,and im sure the TJ surgery was very crushing for him...but he's always been a solid Oriole.I think we need him back, and I didnt before. I just dont think he WILL be back.

I agree. Matt will undoubtedly get a very nice contract from some team next year, potentially an outrageous offer if he keeps it up. Some may take umbrage with him if he leaves but that's just baseball. There's no reason for him to accept some kind of discount offer from the Orioles. But I really dont expect that we'll offer a deal that will be attractive to him. We have too many other pressing needs as well as Caleb Joseph sitting on the bench.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Archived