Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2016

OFFNY

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope you have a swell time.
Hopefully Worley will be making the start. And Ubaldo will be in the bullpen.

AND.... suddenly in my mind, the following scenario plays out: Worley does well, but he and the Red Sawx pitcher get into a pitching duel. It's 1-1 in the 5th inning. Buck decides to go to the pen. Ubaldo comes out (probably to a chorus of boos). He shuts down the Sawx and earns a save. :D

I don't think so. But it's nice to dream. :clap3:

I hope you have a swell time.

I'm going to the June 2nd game also. But if Jimenez presents his usual self. I'll probably have two 16 ounce beers in me by the second inning. That would match the total beers I've drank at a ballpark my whole life.

I'm wondering why he stopped taking that stuff that made him grow six inches one off-season at age 25.

Really!? That happened? I must not have followed the O's as close during the dark ages. I've never even heard of HGH doing that.

He must have started hitting his head on the top of door frames. That would do it for me anyway.

I'm going to the June 2nd game also. But if Jimenez presents his usual self. I'll probably have two 16 ounce beers in me by the second inning. That would match the total beers I've drank at a ballpark my whole life.

Just make sure you have a safe way home.

Really!? That happened? I must not have followed the O's as close during the dark ages. I've never even heard of HGH doing that.

He must have started hitting his head on the top of door frames. That would do it for me anyway.

You ever hear of the wanna-be sumo wrestler who had scalp implants to reach the minimum height requirement?

Yes. It really happened.

You ever hear of the wanna-be sumo wrestler who had scalp implants to reach the minimum height requirement?

Yes I did hear about that years ago. I don't understand why something like that has a height requirement anyway? If someone has the talent for it why not let them try? The cream should always be allowed to rise to the top.

Yes I did hear about that years ago. I don't understand why something like that has a height requirement anyway? If someone has the talent for it why not let them try? The cream should always be allowed to rise to the top.

This was in Japan.

It doesn't surprise me.

Thanks for the welcome. :thumbsup1: Been lurking for awhile.

Daniel Cabrera was supposed to be our next multi Cy Young winner at the time. He was

barely a flash in the pan. More like a bottle rocket...

I just think Ubaldo is a miss. It was a good idea at the time, but he was the wrong guy.

It was very telling at the time too that Cleveland made NO effort to resign him. Perhaps

he winds up like a Bartolo Colon where he doesn't really shine until he reaches 40. I can't

imagine the club has much more patience left with him, tho. He's just terrible. Maybe he

trips in another pot hole in the parking lot or something, but I can't fathom that they

keep sending him out every fifth day, especially if we were desperate for a win.

Archived