Ubaldo Jimenez Today, 2016

OFFNY

• Replies 588
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was normal, which is about 15 degrees above what the average May high has been this year

And last July and August when he had an ERA of 5.88/6.35, was it cold?

The cold weather stuff with him is a red herring in my opinion.

Sometimes he can command his pitches, sometimes he can't.

Not excited for the game today. Ubaldo on the hill, Weaver seemingly always gives us fits. Soft tossing righty who relies more on control and finesse.

A chance to go for a sweep.

The chance - always there - that we will get Good Ubaldo today.

An opponent with a crappy bullpen so we are practically never out of the game.

I'm excited. I happen to root for the team with the second best record in baseball, and it's a lot of fun. Not singling you out Moose, I'm just tired of the constant negativity. Before every he and every series, we hear far more about all the ways we are likely to lose instead of how we can win. And yet we keep playing .600+ baseball.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bs-sp-orioles-notebook-0522-20160522-story.html

He's having problems with his fastball command. Not sure if he is making excuses here for his poor performances. Remember that English is his second language.

"The thing is, I know I'm walking a lot of guys," Jimenez said. "But it's not like I'm throwing everywhere. I'm this close to being where I want to be. It's frustrating. You get to that point that you know you're this far from being good, and then things don't go your way. I'm looking forward to it being where it wants to be."
"I guess that's what everybody's looking for," he said. "You want to be there for your team, and when things don't got the way you wanted you don't feel good."

A chance to go for a sweep.

The chance - always there - that we will get Good Ubaldo today.

An opponent with a crappy bullpen so we are practically never out of the game.

I'm excited. I happen to root for the team with the second best record in baseball, and it's a lot of fun. Not singling you out Moose, I'm just tired of the constant negativity. Before every he and every series, we hear far more about all the ways we are likely to lose instead of how we can win. And yet we keep playing .600+ baseball.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I'm pretty excited overall, I just don't like watching Ubaldo pitch. I usually find it to be a frustrating experience.

And last July and August when he had an ERA of 5.88/6.35, was it cold?

The cold weather stuff with him is a red herring in my opinion.

Sometimes he can command his pitches, sometimes he can't.

There goes that theory....

I think Ubaldo just has too many movements going on, he's a mess. Mystery DL time.

Archived