Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

I guess if he would take 3/39 I'd support signing him.

Seven years at 162 million with a little deferred He is obviously better then Davis with a higher average and less

strikeouts. Maybe go slighter higher if he turns it down.But under no circumstances an opt out.Also perhaps we can trade Davis for Keuchel and Correa.Perhaps get even a little more back.Altuve.

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seven years at 162 million with a little deferred He is obviously better then Davis with a higher average and less

strikeouts. Maybe go slighter higher if he turns it down.But under no circumstances an opt out.Also perhaps we can trade Davis for Keuchel and Correa.Perhaps get even a little more back.Altuve.

Altuve?

You think that Schoop for Kershaw +50M deal will be a go?

So, here's a guy who has not approached 25-30 HR or 80-100 RBI in two years now and a guy that has been traded away by three teams in the last two years with the last being a salary dump because he's that good

of a player and we have people here who want to give him $40M dollars after half a month of unsustainable production during his best month historically? Really guys?

Kinda like Nelson Cruz when his team did not want him back for PED use. They find new jobs quickly when they display power at the MLB level.

Altuve?

You think that Schoop for Kershaw +50M deal will be a go?

Cory Seager should also be included. Then two pretty good lefties in the rotation.Seager will play corner outfield. His father ,Bob Seger,name slightly changed for fame might have to change his Hollywood Nights song. Baltimore Nights doesn't have the same ring.

Kinda like Nelson Cruz when his team did not want him back for PED use. They find new jobs quickly when they display power at the MLB level.

Considering he has entered his peak power years in his mid-30's when everyone else starts to decline, I can understand why they might be concerned about that.

Second, Trumbo has always showed power. In 2014 with Arizona, he hit five home runs in six games with 11 RBI in September and two 2-HR games during that stretch. Maybe him going from July 11th until September

14th with only one home run had something to do with their doubts? He showed power with Arizona the same way he is showing it right now. He hit 4HR with eight RBI in six games in May while still with Arizona as well,

but they still traded him to Seattle in the first few days of June. When he got to Seattle, he hit only three home runs from when he got there on June 4th through August 5th. He showed plenty of power in August,

though. If nothing else, it shows that his power is very streaky and inconsistent with prolonged dry spells and flaming hot streaks. Both Seattle and Arizona saw his power and still got rid of him. It seems like the Angels

traded him away just in time.

..and what if he has a resurgence in his contract year? Do we do the same with Trumbo that we did with Jimenez and hope it all works out? Jimenez was paid for what he did the year prior instead of looking at the bigger

picture of his last three years at least.

10 games in and we're declaring it a career year? Remember last year when Adam Jones OPS'd over 1.100 in all of April and ended up with the 5th-highest OPS of his career?

I bet you enjoy telling little kids that Santa is not real? :D

If the O's keep hitting, then I think Mancini and others are trade bait for a starting pitcher. The O's may be in a weird year where multiple hitters have crazy career years...and they will want to take advantage of that and hit the "win now" button a little harder. May be why Mancini is in Bowie instead of Norfolk.

I wouldn't trade Mancini. If he keeps proving he can hit for power and average, he could be a low cost, controlled version of Trumbo for years. I think he's better than Walker. The O's can't sign everybody, unfortunately.

Archived