Some impressions of Mark Trumbo

Frobby

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was probably my favorite baseball game I've seen in person.

Chris Davis face while running around with Nate draped over him was one of the funniest things I've seen on a baseball field.

You would be paying for the 30+ home runs. How many of those guys are out there?

I don't know. If I were a GM I'd pay for production, not homers. If there's no defense, a .250 average, and a 5% walk rate those 30 homers can be pretty empty, especially when tied to $15M (?) a year through a player's likely decline.

The Yankees could use him and might sign him and he could be our nemesis for years. Id like to sign him, but you already know that.

In the long run, you're much better off thinking in terms of - How can we make the O's better - rather than how can we make the Yanks or Sawx worse. Trumbo's a good solid player - but not what I'd call a difference-maker.

In the long run, you're much better off thinking in terms of - How can we make the O's better - rather than how can we make the Yanks or Sawx worse. Trumbo's a good solid player - but not what I'd call a difference-maker.

He's certainly making a difference this season. Small sample size, but a difference nevertheless.

Exactly. I'm not exactly scared of the Yankees giving a multi year contract to an over 30, one dimension player, whose one dimension isn't nearly as good as Roy thinks it is.

I believe people said the same thing about Nelson Cruz

4/48 is very cheap by todays standards. Who knows what he is looking for, but thats an offer I would make Trumbo today.

Saw that Roch mentioned this is his blog today. Seems the Orioles are interested in engaging later in the season.

Saw that Roch mentioned this is his blog today. Seems the Orioles are interested in engaging later in the season.

I think Trumbo love is here and our clubhouse is quickly becoming known as the best in the business. Hometown (he's never had a real one) discount may be in play.

Archived