17 out of 20

Fliqan

Haha, I hear you. Trust me, I'd rather be able to justify this team is just in a slump, but over the 4-8 stretch this team has really started to look like the team that most neutral observers and pundits thought coming into the year.

I guess the good news is when this team hits it's home runs, it's going to be fun to watch. The starters have been decent for 5 to 6 innings for the most part but Buck manages like it's 1982 again trying to squeeze that 7th inning from guys who were lucky to keep them in the game for 6.

The bullpen is pretty darn good so on days they hit their homers and the starters give them six strong innings, you have to feel good about the Orioles taking home a win.

Can't say I agree. In that 12 game stretch there was 1 game and debatably another where Buck made at the least questionable decisions that I think will go differently as the season goes on.

Add that to the fact that 5 of the losses have come when the other team scores under 5 runs. More often than not I think this team will score more than 4 runs, and while the pitching has been as suspect as most of us imagined, it has been keeping wins within striking distance.

I'm not nearly as optimistic as I was after that Toronto series, but this team is better than the record over the last 12 might indicate.

I dunno, you can play the "slice the season up into segments that fit your argument" game all day. Bottom line, we are still 11-8 and in first place.

Looking at the bright side, the pitching has been pretty good over the last 8 games: 4, 3, 2, 4, 3, 6, 2, 3. The recent offensive slump has masked it.

And also they havent gotten blown out yet really. Seems every game they have a shot with a homer. Its frustrating to see the same issues as last year with the inability to score but I just think its the level of the competition the last few days.

Roch talking about the 1 year anniversary of the no fan game....

The lineup included Alejandro De Aza, Jimmy Paredes, Delmon Young, Everth Cabrera and Rey Navarro. David Lough was used as a defensive replacement.

There is no comparison between last years and this years line ups.

The lineup included Alejandro De Aza, Jimmy Paredes, Delmon Young, Everth Cabrera and Rey Navarro. David Lough was used as a defensive replacement.

Really, people are being too pessimistic. When you look at this you realize how MUCH better this team is. Consider the Jays have an awful pen and no help in sight, the Yankees look weak. If the Orioles play to their capabilities it really looks like the division is within their reach

Really, people are being too pessimistic. When you look at this you realize how MUCH better this team is. Consider the Jays have an awful pen and no help in sight, the Yankees look weak. If the Orioles play to their capabilities it really looks like the division is within their reach

Only 6 teams in baseball have given up fewer runs.

The White Sox lineup is also much improved from that game. Last year they had Adam LaRoche at DH (batting 4th), Avisail Garcia in RF (batting 5th), Conor Gillaspie at 3B, Geovany Soto at C, and Micah Johnson at 2B.

The White Sox lineup is also much improved from that game. Last year they had Adam LaRoche at DH (batting 4th), Avisail Garcia in RF (batting 5th), Conor Gillaspie at 3B, Geovany Soto at C, and Micah Johnson at 2B.

The White Sox are unquestionably a better team without the 9th grader travelling with the team season-round.

That's what I kept going back to when they projectors kept spitting out such a minimal offensive improvement for team. Still PECOTA has them at only 718 runs...5 better than last season.

Just looking at the slop Buck had to throw out their at the corner outfield spots, and at DH, and at SS, and at 2b for much of the season. It's early no injuries (knock on wood) and they have gotten hot starts from a few big guns, but I'd be SHOCKED if the don't outpace their 2015 output by at least 30 runs

• 4 weeks later...

After tomorrow, the Orioles have 17 out of 20 their next 20 games at home.

Time to heal ....... time to get hot ...... time to get their confidence back.

Chin up, Orioles fans.

In that 20 game stretch in which the Orioles were to have played 17 games at home, the Orioles went 12-7 with one rain-out.

Since this thread was started, the Orioles have gone 15-8 overall.

Archived