Jones Dropped to 5th in the Lineup

Shabadoo25

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only hitting .196 and worse career vs. Danks.

Yeah. Jones is 1-for-33 lifetime against Danks, and he's hitting fifth? I'm not so sure about that one .......

Based on that information, I think that Jones will hit a home run tonight, and reach base safely at least 2 times.

An RBI-double in his first plate appearance.

Yeah. Jones is 1-for-33 lifetime against Danks, and he's hitting fifth? I'm not so sure about that one .......

Based on that information, I think that Jones will hit a home run tonight, and reach base safely at least 2 times.

He singled in the 7th inning.

He has reached base safely at least 2 times, as I predicted.

Now he just needs to hit a home run ...... if he gets up again.

He singled in the 7th inning.

He has reached base safely at least 2 times, as I predicted.

Now he just needs to hit a home run ...... if he gets up again.

Showalter pinch-hit for him.

That bastard.

Actually why play him on a cold rainy night against a guy that he has never had success against

Joseph to catcher, Wieters at DH, Riemold, Rickard, Trumbo in the OF

I expect to see at least a couple good winces tonight

Maybe he winced when Davis got thrown out, costing him an RBI. Other than that, it was a pretty good night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because some posters like to micromanage Buck and believe they know more about baseball.

We've discussed this in other seasons, but we wouldn't be able to field a 25 man roster if we DFA'd every player who went through a slump. Further, if we cut bait with eveyone who is slumping, no one would ever come out of slumps.

Well, some of us like to discuss the merits of the manager's decisions without the "Buck's smarter than you so go away" stuff always ready to stifle conversation.

I like to think it's not one or the other. That we can discuss the merits of managerial decisions without shutting down discussion with "do you think you know more than Buck?" That said, I think it's fair to call out people who seem to be running, not walking, to the fire exits by calling for Jones to be dropped to 7th in the lineup or DL'd just to get him off the roster for the time being. That's a part of discussing decision merits, telling others when their suggestions are a bridge too far or unreasonable.

Archived