Hardy injury (Out 6 to 8 weeks)

Fliqan

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I missed Alvarez's performance at 3B yesterday, but I saw him some when the Pirates used him there. It was painful to watch -- very little range, no agility and, it seemed, no confidence. You could practically hear him saying, "Please don't hit it over here." :eektf:

Just watching Alvarez while at the game yesterday, he looks horrible at 3B. No range whatsoever. On one ball just to his left he actually ran away from it.

I was down the third base line and everyone around me saw the same thing. Matusz was pitching and the ball was almost right at him and he moves toward third base. On a few plays he went to cover third instead of going for the ball.Made Manny get that one deep in the whole . He could have at least tried for it but moved right instead of left. I don't know why he kept covering the third base bag. At least try for the ball. Painful was an understatement. That's why I said before almost looked like they told him to avoid the ball.He has got to be better then that.

Like I said in the other thread I'd rather sacrifice a bit of offense than a LOT of defense. Flaherty at 3B is the obvious choice IMO.

Agreed. Vs right handers I think Flaherty to 3B is the right move.

Vs Lefties, I think it should be Janish at SS but I'm not sure if they'll roster both.

Vs Lefties, I think it should be Janish at SS but I'm not sure if they'll roster both.

Hopefully Britton will be back in a few games and Janish will be back from the paternity list soon. The 8 man pen is getting a little redundant with our starters going deeper and the off days this month. Worley in the pen can eat a lot of innings. So much so we didn't even see Bundy yesterday.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sounds like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> are satisfied staying in-house to replace Hardy. Duquette indicated Janish could join Flaherty here later in week.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="

">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Supposedly Dan wants to later in the week.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sounds like <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a> are satisfied staying in-house to replace Hardy. Duquette indicated Janish could join Flaherty here later in week.</p>— Roch Kubatko (@masnRoch) <a href="
">May 2, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I like the idea of giving Janish another shot. I don't think he's any worse than Flaherty at this point, and probably a bit better.

Davis to third Manny to ss Trumbo to 1b and Alvarez DH sounds like a good offense to me.

That would be ideal if we had a decent defender to take over RF, but we don't unless maybe the Orioles call up Dariel Alvarez. The best value at RF really is Trumbo with his arm and bat.

That would be ideal if we had a decent defender to take over RF, but we don't unless maybe the Orioles call up Dariel Alvarez. The best value at RF really is Trumbo with his arm and bat.

I'm not sold that Trumbo's Bat + Glove > Reimold's Bat + Glove in right.

Trumbo has looked every bit as I had feared.

I would play Davis or Pedro at 3rd, with Trumbo at 1st and either Kim or Reimold in at LF, while Joey goes to RF. Wonder what it'd take to get Markakis or Pearce back.

You would put Pedro in the field?

I honestly think he is worse than Parades.

Archived