Hardy injury (Out 6 to 8 weeks)

Fliqan

Unless Alvarez was told not to get in front of a ball yesterday or something, you can't play him at third.

I wouldn't put him there even if he was told that.

With Hardy on the DL, I'm sure that Flaherty will be called back up.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything sucks. Hardy was already having a solid season, decent at the plate and stellar with the glove.

About the only good thing I can think of is that it means Manny will go to short, which they didn't do last year and the infield defense suffered tremendously. It'll still suffer, but Manny at short is infinitely better than anybody else they can put there.

So they are not going to put Trumbo at 1B / Davis at 3B / Manny at SS.

I would think that would be your best lineup then bringing back Ronald Falherty

Even if you want that lineup wouldn't you need Flaherty there as a backup?

Or do you want to replace Hardy on the 25 with another bullpen arm?

I would rather see Manny @ SS, and 3B and 1B figured out between Trumbo, Alavarez, and Davis. Flarehty or Janish are a hole in the lineup.

Keep in mind, we are just replacing JJ's bat here. He has been swinging well, but it is not like we are losing Manny or CD. No way is it worth having Alvarez or Davis at 3B every day.

If Manny is SS, I could see Flaherty at 3B vs RHP and Davis at 3B vs LHP (Trumbo to 1B, Reimold to RF).

Sucks for Hardy and for the team.

Buck can go with the offensive alignment (Davis 3b, Trumbo 1b, more ABs for Reimold/Kim) or the defensive one (Flaherty at 3b, everything else same). I bet we see him mix and match between the two depending on the SPs of the day.

Even if you want that lineup wouldn't you need Flaherty there as a backup?

Or do you want to replace Hardy on the 25 with another bullpen arm?

I would go with an arm first.... maybe bring back "the drake" for a mid/late inning reliever assuming Britton is out for an extended period.

Of course the Orioles would need to be making 2 moves right now but I think the best move would be to add the extra arm then bring up Flash.

Just my opinion.

Cheers.

Archived