Machado and Gausman fulfilling potential

wildcard

Manny is simply insane right now. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him. He's exceeded them. By a lot.

Gausman has been impressive every time out so far. To my eye, his fastball command is greatly improved and his breaking pitches are more credible, though he still makes some mistakes with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of his year goes.

Manny is simply insane right now. I had high hopes for him when we drafted him. He's exceeded them. By a lot.

Gausman has been impressive every time out so far. To my eye, his fastball command is greatly improved and his breaking pitches are more credible, though he still makes some mistakes with it. I'm looking forward to seeing how the rest of his year goes.

It appears that he has reached tier-1 superstardom.

Manny is at 2.6 WAR according to BBReference as of this morning. At the rate he's going by the end of the season he'll likely pass Al Bumbry, Rafael Palmeiro, Chris Hoiles, Doug Decinces, and Rick Dempsey on the franchise career WAR list, and that's just by position players. He's also got a decent shot at passing Nick Markakis. It's mind boggling when you think about how long it took all of those guys to accumulate this numbers, and in how little time it has taken Manny. Enjoy it for however long it lasts folks, we're watching something special.

He looks like Miguel Cabrera at the plate. I can't believe I am saying that.

I'd go with A-Rod, but I'll take either :) I know Manny is frequently associated with A-Rod, but Manny's extension and one-handed high finish are so reminiscent of A-Rod. I wonder if Manny studied A-Rod's swing in particular growing up. I know they train together.

Manny looks like the best player in baseball.

Archived