Logan Verrett

Rene88

Had a rough outing tonight but he's looking more and more like the guy we should have kept. I saw Garcia last weekend and despite his velocity, his balls are straight. Weams said he might be working on some pitches, but got hit hard again last night.

Did we make a mistake here by not keeping this kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a rough outing tonight but he's looking more and more like the guy we should have kept. I saw Garcia last weekend and despite his velocity, his balls are straight. Weams said he might be working on some pitches, but got hit hard again last night.

Did we make a mistake here by not keeping this kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah. He was with Texas too before he made his way back to NY. I guess we can't win them all.

I liked Verrette and felt we should have kept him over Garcia. I saw a potential starter for the O's rotation. I see he is now 3-0, 1.27 ERA with the Mets. Of course it took some time before Logan was ready for the majors.

Lower ceiling but higher probability of sticking. At the very least, a Vance Worley type IMO.

I was much higher on Verrett than Garcia.

That said, I had issues with the O's trying to peg Garcia as a starter. When have they had any success developing someone so raw into a starter? Better to go finished product. Generally speaking I also wish the O's never go after high school starters until they get a development program worth a damn.

Archived