Machado/Schoop bromance...

Tbone83

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Apparently, it was said post game that Machado used to wait to throw to show off his arm in a comp w Schoop. Manny said that's not true</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

">June 30, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Joked: "everyone knows I have a better arm than Schoop." Said he sets his feet- somethin he thinks not doin resulted in early errors last yr</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Machado emulates Beltre and his footwork. Also said waiting to throw purposely would hurt his arm</p>— Brittany Ghiroli (@Britt_Ghiroli) <a href="

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You can't take the future of this team seriously if you don't include a long term deal for Joey Rickard

I disagree. It's a nice story but I don't think he is a team need. Manny and Schoop

need to be signed long term if possible. IMO

• 1 year later...
On 5/15/2016 at 7:17 PM, Nevermore said:

I also want to see Manny and Jonathan signed long term. When I first saw Jonathan Schoop, I thought that he was a good field/no hit sort of player. He has proven me wrong. Love the guy! :smile11:

II think a large part of that was that he swung at so many pitches nobody could hit. Guerrero maybe, some of them. Now that he's learned some plate discipline, he gets pitches he can hit. And he hits a lot of them real hard.

I have no idea ho much Manny cares about playing on the same team with his buddy long-term, and i doubt Manny knows either.

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

II think a large part of that was that he swung at so many pitches nobody could hit. Guerrero maybe, some of them. Now that he's learned some plate discipline, he gets pitches he can hit. And he hits a lot of them real hard.

I have no idea ho much Manny cares about playing on the same team with his buddy long-term, and i doubt Manny knows either.

And to further that his agent is most certainly going to advise Machado to completely and unequivocally make his decision with no consideration at all for any one particular teammate.   

On 5/15/2016 at 11:03 AM, Frobby said:

Twenty years from now, when we look back on these teams, the joyful interaction of these two guys will be an indelible image in our minds.

Not if Manny is wearing pinstripes. 

22 hours ago, murph said:

And to further that his agent is most certainly going to advise Machado to completely and unequivocally make his decision with no consideration at all for any one particular teammate.   

All the O's can control is what they do, and so far - I haven't heard anything indicating that they've reached out to Manny or his agent.  

Like almost every other O's fan, I'd like to see many more years of Manny and Schoop enjoying playing for the O's.  

Archived